closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Smell of Geneva Air......

Master

The Smell of Geneva Air......

Just collected my new incoming!! A patek 5712!! AD recieved it on the 26th so i just managed to squeeze in and get one, so very kind of them!!!!!

Just in case anyone is wondering i have a very long relationship with this AD and have spent over 6 figures here so it’s not like this was by luck, just want to say that AD relationships still matter and it goes a long way!!

Will post more photos when I open this baby up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Nice watch

Banned
    Great watch, congratulations. Did it come with any other box, or is the one in the picture it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteris View Post
    Great watch, congratulations. Did it come with any other box, or is the one in the picture it?
    They are always delivered in this sort of "box", which is sealed.
    Buyers also get a decent set of box papers etc.

Blog Entries
    Please show more photos! Us plebs don’t see such pieces very often.

I have a Patek arriving today too - but not as grand as that one.

Well done getting it!! You must be well chuffed.

Martyn.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteris View Post
    I was wondering the same thing ? I have never seen it in person, but I was wondering..it should be a box that elude to the value it cost...

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Looks like a tkmaxx box!

Some odd comments!

The watch will come with the standard wooden box and paperwork, the above pic is referred to as double sealed and it’s how PP ship the watch to the AD in the same manner as Rolex use the clear plastic coffins.

The outer cartoon is cut open and then you’ll have the watch vacuum sealed onto a foam cushion which again is cut open, with shop stock this is done as the watch is received and placed in the window but certain buyer (like myself) prefer to collect the watch as the AD receives it and have the enjoyment of opening it.

PP now require this to be done at the AD, guess the relationship with the AD may change this but I’ve had to open mine at the AD where as my Rolex AD still give me them in the clear coffin to take home.

Sorry OP I missed congratulating you on a great purchase and on the last minute timing :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Some odd comments!

The watch will come with the standard wooden box and paperwork, the above pic is referred to as double sealed and it’s how PP ship the watch to the AD in the same manner as Rolex use the clear plastic coffins.

The outer cartoon is cut open and then you’ll have the watch vacuum sealed onto a foam cushion which again is cut open, with shop stock this is done as the watch is received and placed in the window but certain buyer (like myself) prefer to collect the watch as the AD receives it and have the enjoyment of opening it.

PP now require this to be done at the AD, guess the relationship with the AD may change this but I’ve had to open mine at the AD where as my Rolex AD still give me them in the clear coffin to take home.
    spot on. The watch presentation boxes themselves are commensurate with the value of the piece. I’m sure the OP will be along with pictures in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    spot on. The watch presentation boxes themselves are commensurate with the value of the piece. I’m sure the OP will be along with pictures in due course.
    When’s your 5167a arriving?

Had an offer on a 5164a last month but didn’t move the ROO in time plus it had already been opened which put me off a little haha.

Plus I’m holding out for another AP I’m hoping to secure this year.

Master
    Hi guys thanks for all your comments! it’s funny how every time i post my patek in the “cardboard” transport box everyone’s so disappointed that it comes in such a cheap box haha Truth is its harder to get this one then the actual proper box!! ADs and boutiques do not allow it to be sealed or sold with boxes (similar to the Rolex Debacle) but i always insist on it and my AD somehow always to meet my expectations:)

So far the impression is that it wears like a 5711 very thin and silky on the wrist!! love the quirky dial!

I think I’ve probably just seen my grail,congrats

Very nice!

Always make me cringe a little when I see AD’s use what appears to be the biggest pair of scissors possible haha.

Oh and I was told by two AD they are more then happy to leave the watches double sealed to be opened infront of the buyer but will no longer allow a buyer to leave with it still sealed or any of the double sealed packaging.

Blog Entries
    I need the loo. Truelly gorgeous my friend!

(Picking up the 5167A lunchtime - from a well known dealer. Private appointment in Mayfair. I will be disappointed if there is no champagne! Sorry OP don’t mean to hijack your thread - must be Patek Friday!!)

Martyn.

Master
    Great watch and great un-boxing pictures! I'd love to know the feeling of un-boxing a watch that hasn't been touched by anyone since leaving the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I need the loo. Truelly gorgeous my friend!

(Picking up the 5167A lunchtime - from a well known dealer. Private appointment in Mayfair. I will be disappointed if there is no champagne! Sorry OP don’t mean to hijack your thread - must be Patek Friday!!)

Martyn.
    Nice :)

And I’m sure OP won’t mind, it’s all PP goodness haha

Journeyman
    That movement is a thing of beauty.

Enjoy that one mate :)

Absolutely stunning, enjoy it mate.

I used to think: "No, No, No - it's so-o-o '70s !"

Now - I really appreciate the individual 'look' that the PP has.

Classy, for sure.

A true masterpiece. Enjoy. Loved the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Stunning watch. Enjoy.

Craftsman
    Enjoy and thanks for the experience, don't think I had seen it like this before

Craftsman
    Congratulations!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and experience.

Simply Stunning!

Journeyman
    Lovely watch but what does Geneva Air smell like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    'S'okay, I s'pose.......

;-) congrats. Count the no. of times you look at it over next 24 hours and let us know. I'll guess 79.....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Lovely

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Love that.

Good on you mate....

Not bad I suppose
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I'm really not a big fan of what Patek make, but this shot makes me rather like this one! Congratulations on the acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

Master
    superb watch, have my name on list but god only knows how long that will take.

Enjoy!!

Master
    Only yesterday one AD emailed to inform me that their head office has denied my request to add me to their 5712 list as the list was already too long for existing customers. The request was made in person by filling out a form at the AD couple of weeks ago. 5711 was denied on the spot without the need to check with HO.

But I am not jealous at all ... congrats OP!

Journeyman
    Congratulations sir, I cannot wait to one day experience the collection of one of these!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Congrats. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Only yesterday one AD emailed to inform me that their head office has denied my request to add me to their 5712 list as the list was already too long for existing customers. The request was made in person by filling out a form at the AD couple of weeks ago. 5711 was denied on the spot without the need to check with HO.

But I am not jealous at all ... congrats OP!
    Is that just the AD head office?

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the purchase - glad you got in before any price rise. Does anyone have the current uk price list for the sports models handy?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Yes, AD head office. PP won’t know me as I’ve never owned any of their watches. The exact text was “Unfortunately your request was denied from our head office as the waiting list is already very long for existing customers”.
    Last edited by FK77; 3rd March 2018 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the purchase - glad you got in before any price rise. Does anyone have the current uk price list for the sports models handy?
    I have the old price list but since it’s just been the 5711a and 5712a increase all the other will be valid.

Which models did you want to know price of? Did you know the PP site now shows the UK price?

Journeyman
    Congratulations on your purchase, I could sit and gaze at that movement all day long.
    The face and dials are nice though.

Enjoy.

Master
    Thank you everyone for their warm comments and words!! Here is a bonus photo for a recent new introduction to my world! (watch not mine)

Grand Master

Great watch. Enjoy

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by UsefulG View Post
    ...but what does Geneva Air smell like?
    Expensive. With background notes of cheese & illicit wealth.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

I'd prefer the dog.....lovely looking animal.

Grand Master
    Thank you.

RIAC

Very nice! Congrats! This is on my list too.

Craftsman
    A buddy of mine managed to get a 5712 from Europe at list price and I handled it yesterday for some time. I must admit I wasn't a fan of the design but once I got it in my hands it felt really special.

Everything is so perfectly finished, the movement is phenomenally beautiful. The watch face needs to be seen to be appreciated. One thing I liked less is that the watch is so light. The bracelet in particular feels very delicate. Compared to the Rolex SubC ND it is very different.

Finally I decided it is not for me. Not that I can afford it without risking a divorce...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dabear View Post
    A buddy of mine managed to get a 5712 from Europe at list price and I handled it yesterday for some time. I must admit I wasn't a fan of the design but once I got it in my hands it felt really special.

Everything is so perfectly finished, the movement is phenomenally beautiful. The watch face needs to be seen to be appreciated. One thing I liked less is that the watch is so light. The bracelet in particular feels very delicate. Compared to the Rolex SubC ND it is very different.

Finally I decided it is not for me. Not that I can afford it without risking a divorce...
    Thanks for the insight! The bracelet is definiately more silky than say robust feeling but is very solid nonetheless. I had to install a half link to get a perfect fit, the lack of micro adjustment is abit of a downer.

Master
    If ever I had to combine having just one watch with the good fortune if being able to afford it then that would be the one. Perfect.