closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G-Shock Rangeman GPS watch coming... a preview of the GPR-B1000-1B

G-Shock Rangeman GPS watch coming... a preview of the GPR-B1000-1B

Did a search for this and didn't find any threads.. so HOPEFULLY not a repost:

Seems Casio are stepping up their game with GPS and a walk towards being "smart".. .without losing solar charging. It will have companion apps for iOS and Android.

This article has an in depth preview of the watch: https://timelessluxwatches.com/revie...00-1b-preview/

Blog Entries
    I like that A LOT...

Thanks for sharing buddy

Pitch

Master
    Oh yes! Let’s see if I can pre-order this one here in the Netherlands. Thanks.

Just saw the same thing on twitter, like the look of this. I run and cycle so use my Suunto Ambit 3 for tracking and wonder if this might be useful, albeit only 4 second tracking.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Looks great - but mahoosive!!
    I find what Casio are doing by making their watches bigger and bigger very odd. By that I mean who can wear them comfortably?
    Personally I have large wrists, and can wear most ‘big’ watches without an issue. 44mm Panerai? Fits fine, no lug overhang, can wear with a shirt. Same with a Sinn U1, Rolex SD, any of the allegedly big Seiko divers - Monster, Turtle, Samurai. Casio gwf-1000 frogman? Nope, stupid big. I still own it as it’s a cool design, wear with a t shirt a handful of times a year, remember how cool but uncomfortable it is then it’s back in the drawer.
    Genuine question - how do Casio manage to sell such huge watches when for everyone else a Seiko Monster is apparently ‘chunky’ - I’ve even seen the tiny dw-5600 described as a large watch - what’s that all about?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mentioned this on another thread....

Not only is the watch huge (which I personally don’t mind), but the screen is either very small, or simply just looks it

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Looks great - but mahoosive!!
    I find what Casio are doing by making their watches bigger and bigger very odd. By that I mean who can wear them comfortably?
    Personally I have large wrists, and can wear most ‘big’ watches without an issue. 44mm Panerai? Fits fine, no lug overhang, can wear with a shirt. Same with a Sinn U1, Rolex SD, any of the allegedly big Seiko divers - Monster, Turtle, Samurai. Casio gwf-1000 frogman? Nope, stupid big. I still own it as it’s a cool design, wear with a t shirt a handful of times a year, remember how cool but uncomfortable it is then it’s back in the drawer.
    Genuine question - how do Casio manage to sell such huge watches when for everyone else a Seiko Monster is apparently ‘chunky’ - I’ve even seen the tiny dw-5600 described as a large watch - what’s that all about?!!
    I completely agree but seemingly one man's “mahoosive” is another's “wears well...”.

Not right to link the picture directly but some wristshots and “wears well on my 6.5 inch wrist” here:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ran...610595-14.html

Maybe Casio will put the module in a less chunky Protrek in the future.

This is the GPS Pro Trek that I use, with full maps.

Has any one pulled the trigger on the new rangeman?

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Has any one pulled the trigger on the new rangeman?
    You can find one bad boy on the "Show your G-Shocks" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    You can find one bad boy on the "Show your G-Shocks" thread.

Talking

It’s between the pro trek PRW 7000 on a bracelet and this for me...

The new PRW 60 looks like it’d look good on a NATO strap though.