closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric Dreams - P.K. Dick

Electric Dreams - P.K. Dick

Just noticed in the TV schedules here's another series starting tomorrow on Channel4, 10pm, in case any fans might miss it.
    F.T.F.A.

Hope it’s better than the last series; I was pretty disappointed with that one.

I’ll still be watching but more in hope than expectation.

As an aside, I enjoyed Altered Carbon on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    As an aside, I enjoyed Altered Carbon on Netflix
    It's quite good, the cyberpunk universe they've come up with has a number of clever yet plausible elements. Dick is the granddaddy of future thinking though for sure... Didn't watch any of electric dreams though personally.

Master
    Electric Dreams seemed to oscillate between boring and amateurish. Surprised its got a second series.

Altered Carbon is okay but it feels incredibly small and mundane compared with the book,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Altered Carbon is okay but it feels incredibly small and mundane compared with the book,
    I’ve only watched the first one so far. It’s an interesting concept, but it’s definitely seems to suffer from trying to adapt what I presume is a complex book into straightforward tv/movie narrative. (I’ve not read the book, but there’s clearly a lot of clumsy exposition/glossing over the set-up to the story).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I’ve only watched the first one so far. It’s an interesting concept, but it’s definitely seems to suffer from trying to adapt what I presume is a complex book into straightforward tv/movie narrative. (I’ve not read the book, but there’s clearly a lot of clumsy exposition/glossing over the set-up to the story).
    I recommend the three "Kovacs" books.

Altered Carbon
    Broken Angels
    Woken Furies

I also advise you to read them before seeing the netflix series. As the following two rely heavily on plot points that the Altered Carbon web series completely turns on their heads and both are better that Altered Carbon.

Journeyman
    I really enjoyed Altered Carbon book but am really struggling with Broken Angels. Seems to be really detailed in parts then not enough to tie the scenes together...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    I really enjoyed Altered Carbon book but am really struggling with Broken Angels. Seems to be really detailed in parts then not enough to tie the scenes together...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can read Broken Angels almost like a standalone. There is not a huge amount that connects it to the first and third books. Its more like a standard spacey adventure tale. I quite like it though.