closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mooch round Geneva

Craftsman

Mooch round Geneva

Had a day away from skiing and made a trip into Geneva.

Started off at Bucherer and whilst an impressive store, there was very little of interest on display.

Next stop was Ponti, who had a truly excellent selection of vintage Rolex on display, and really nice people to boot.

Almost left with this 1979 1680 which was really quite charming.

Some other lovely bits too. As well as a nice 16520, a 16600 Comex full set and a cracking big red Daytona.

After that I found myself in Patek Phillipe. They couldn’t have been more friendly or accommodating, and pretty soon I had a selection of my personal favourites to try on and compare at my leisure with an excellent cup of coffee.

I already had my name down for the 5712 at my local AD, but after this little encounter I’m
    Going to have to add the 5990 and the 5524G to the list as they are both stunning.

I barely scratched the surface of the Geneva watch scene in the few hours I had to spare, but it was thoroughly enjoyable and has done nothing but fan the fires of my watch obsession

Out of interest, what watch were you wearing when you went in? Always interested in whether sales staff pay more attention if they see you already have something ‘special’ on your wrist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonConnell View Post
    Out of interest, what watch were you wearing when you went in? Always interested in whether sales staff pay more attention if they see you already have something ‘special’ on your wrist.
    I was wearing my SD43 Rolex which actually got a fair bit of interest in both Bucherer and the Chrono-Time Rolex boutique, the Swiss have just as many issues getting pieces as we do it seems

Master
    Glorious patina on those. A cheap day's entertainment!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk