closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What's the thing with "No love for ..." threads?

What's the thing with "No love for ..." threads?

To be honest, this seems to be an American thing mostly, but why oh why are there so many ridiculous (IMHO) "No love for ABC?" threads? It looks like everyone who wants to push something (for whatever reason) wants to present it as the unloved black sheep in the family. That ranges from fountain pens to motorcycle brands to watch brands to .....

And if they would start a thread on something that is universally unloved indeed, they might have a point. But "No love for Citizen Eco-Drive?" is just plain absurd. If there was no love for them, people would not buy them! And they do.

Ahh ... got that off my chest ;-) and fortunately the "no love for" disease seems not to have infected TZ-UK yet!

(but it does irritate me indeed, just like "Hey, what's up?" as a greeting ... )

Are you saying you have no love for such threads?

It's a "What's with" thread the polar opposite of a "No love for" thread?

I quite liked ABC to be honest, though maybe a bit too pop.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I quite liked ABC to be honest, though maybe a bit too pop.
    That Jackson 5 song is pretty annoying though?

Quote Originally Posted by johant View Post
    To be honest, this seems to be an American thing mostly, but why oh why are there so many ridiculous (IMHO) "No love for ABC?" threads? It looks like everyone who wants to push something (for whatever reason) wants to present it as the unloved black sheep in the family. That ranges from fountain pens to motorcycle brands to watch brands to .....

And if they would start a thread on something that is universally unloved indeed, they might have a point. But "No love for Citizen Eco-Drive?" is just plain absurd. If there was no love for them, people would not buy them! And they do.

Ahh ... got that off my chest ;-) and fortunately the "no love for" disease seems not to have infected TZ-UK yet!

(but it does irritate me indeed, just like "Hey, what's up?" as a greeting ... )
    No doubt it will now.

Don’t mind if it is highlighting some obscure make not heard of often. Always interesting to find new makes / info etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Don’t mind if it is highlighting some obscure make not heard of often. Always interesting to find new makes / info etc.
    Indeed, but those threads seem to be rare.

My breaking point was: "No love for Certina?" Well sorry, I think that's among the best selling Swatch brands (my guess based on exposure at ADs, no hard figures).

The No Love For Certina? thread has been going on WUS since about 2014. I guess they must have located a fair amount of love by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The No Love For Certina? thread has been going on WUS since about 2014. I guess they must have located a fair amount of love by now.
    Yes, but that was just an example. I've seen them about Fatip razors (widely loved), Cella soaps (same), Certina, Bulova, just name your brand.

Even worse; "Why no love for ..." as if the OP already knows what we do or do not love ... no, you don't!

Thread titles have a habit of crossing over to forums read by the same people. I don't read WUS (or any USA centric watch forums) but if you went over to Pistonheads for example you would see many similar thread subjects to here. My pet hate is the never ending 'Tell me about...' thread series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Thread titles have a habit of crossing over to forums read by the same people. I don't read WUS (or any USA centric watch forums) but if you went over to Pistonheads for example you would see many similar thread subjects to here. My pet hate is the never ending 'Tell me about...' thread series.
    Yes, same with 'Talk to me...' or 'Educate me...'. No-one go into work and say that to a colleague, so why say it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    My pet hate is the never ending 'Tell me about...' thread series.
    Yes, or the examples Kingstepper mentions ;-)

Grand Master
    I've no love for this thread,so I'm going on sc to "pull the trigger"!!!.

I think it is maybe a means of positively getting comments on a generally maligned brand, one that springs to mind is Tag Heuer, it gets rubbished so often, mostly because of the Tag addition, but I just see it as another brand with some good, indifferent and poor designs, like most brands.