closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First time relief...

First time relief...

Ok so it’s probably just old paranoid me but... anyone else feel feel a tinge of dread as they plunge into a pool wearing a watch that up until then has been kept dryer than a snakes belly?

Thailand + pool + Pam = ticking

Phew.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Ok so it’s probably just old paranoid me but... anyone else feel feel a tinge of dread as they plunge into a pool wearing a watch that up until then has been kept dryer than a snakes belly?

Thailand + pool + Pam = ticking

Phew.
    Yes, it is a good thing. Otherwise you might forget something, like tightening the crown... Does the Pam have a screw down crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteris View Post
    Yes, it is a good thing. Otherwise you might forget something, like tightening the crown... Does the Pam have a screw down crown?
    Nope, its a PAM005, crown guard which tbh always seems more like a magical wing ‘n prayer than a good old screw down. I nearly brought my Sub, kinda wish i did as i have been here a day and the looky looky watch sellers have noticed the Pam a mile off and headed straight to me... perhaps it looks fake hahaha.

I have a very good relationship with my local Timpsons guy. Every time I go in with my dry cleaning or buy a new watch, he will pressure test whatever I have on my wrist that day.
    On the whole though, I have enough beaters and holiday divers that none of my nice watches ever need to go near water

Craftsman
    Yes. I felt the very same last week with my Seiko Samurai. Have no idea if these had a dual lock system or not. And was paranoid about it getting full of water.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I won't ever forget the time I was in aJacuzzi in a fancy hotel in Sydney looking out over the harbour, I'd been in about half an hour then looked to see my chrono alarm Seiko had steamed up.

Gutted is an understatement as I loved that watch.

Hell yeah, even a brand new watch rated to 200m I try not to get wet when I wash my hands. Ridiculous... For some reason I'm happy to shower with a watch as long as it has a bracelet, but the same watch with a rubber strap or nato or something otherwise water friendly I just can't bring myself to do it. I really have to work on this.

Grand Master
    Always take my watches off before swimming,if I'm on holiday time isn't important enough to keep track off whilst swimming.
    The Wife will wave at me when she wants to move on.Rather like those who wear a watch in bed!,why,your asleep!!.

Your turn........

Feel totally the opposite, can't wait to get into the sea/pool and submerge the watch.

G-Shock

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Feel totally the opposite, can't wait to get into the sea/pool and submerge the watch.

G-Shock
    ^ This

It's what g-shocks were born for. My 5600 shoulders all the abuse regularly.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    My citizen atomic perpetual world timer gets a good dunking every holiday
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I’m so glad I’m not the only one, kinda opened myself to lots of ‘man up’ comments!

First time i have put the OEM rubber on it and it’s looking very fit for purpose and quite comfy, might take it into the sea later to meet some fishes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    And I thought it was just me like that! But getting a G-shock wet isn't that remarkable....

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Rather like those who wear a watch in bed!,why,your asleep!!.

Your turn........
    So I know the time when I wake up... 😀

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    I won't ever forget the time I was in aJacuzzi in a fancy hotel in Sydney looking out over the harbour, I'd been in about half an hour then looked to see my chrono alarm Seiko had steamed up.

Gutted is an understatement as I loved that watch.
    Not watch related but same happen with my brand new S7 last year , needless to say I complained with Samsung for hours, and they indeed replaced it for free.. lesson learned, I will never fully believe this things are totally water proof

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app