closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cheap bracelets from cousins

Cheap bracelets from cousins

I have a tag Aquaracer dive watch that came on a nylon strap but I find the watch keep wanting to rotate upwards on my wrist. I have no troubles with either of my Speedmasters on bracelets so want to try a metal bracelet on the tag to see if that helps.
    I have measured the lugs and they are 20mm apart so there are plenty of options to choose from. I don’t want to spend much money on this watch (I don’t even know if I will like the watch on a bracelet) and have seen cousins sell bracelets for under £10.
    Has anyone tried any of these cheap bracelets? Are they ok or should they be avoided?
    Also the watch case is rounded between the lugs so does that mean I need I bracelet with rounded end links or will straight end links work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the watch in question.

Straight end links will work, but obviously there will be a gap between the case and the end link.

Finding an aftermarket bracelet with curved end links to fit the case well will be unlikely since the end links were not manufactured for your particular watch.
    I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    Straight end links will work, but obviously there will be a gap between the case and the end link.

Finding an aftermarket bracelet with curved end links to fit the case well will be unlikely since the end links were not manufactured for your particular watch.
    I wouldn't recommend it.
    Thanks, in that case I think I will order the cheapo bracelet and if I like the look I will invest in a more substantial bracelet or maybe even a tag heuer one. The watch was a present from my wife so it is a keeper.

Cousins bracelets are crap - trust me on this. Better to spend a few more quid at Watchgecko or put up a WTB for the correct Aquaracer bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Cousins bracelets are crap - trust me on this. Better to spend a few more quid at Watchgecko or put up a WTB for the correct Aquaracer bracelet.
    Ah - that’s the advice I was looking for. For the price they are I kinda suspected they might be.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Would you say the same about the diver rubber bands they have?

Quote Originally Posted by vadiro View Post
    Would you say the same about the diver rubber bands they have?
    Sorry, no idea. I've bought NATOs, bracelets and leather straps from Cousins but never any rubber.

I have a couple of Cousins rubber straps... And left them alone, never to be slotted on. Absolute crap. They might be in the house somewhere, but I sort of hope they've been thrown out.

I've had a couple of leather too, happily thrown in with watches I've sold onwards. Cousins seems to prefer a high cardboard content in their leather.

Banned
    I've had straps from cousins and they are not great , go for strapcode , slightly dearer but they are a huge upgrade from cousins and you wont regret

Am i the only one disappointed with the recent quality of Strapcode bracelets? I have had loads over the years and always been amazed but one arrived yesterday and seems to be a step down.

Its a bit rattly, a bit of a hair puller and the endlink fit is poor, the new 'wobbly' screws dont fo it for me either

I like the challenge of fitting a bracelet to a watch it doesn’t belong to, but it is a mission to find some thing with the right shape und link and then filing it to fit, but it is rewarding.
    Could you not source an unbranded copy bracelet if the original is too expensive.
    I’m not sure a straight end is going to suit it or look nice because of the lug shapes.

An unbranded copy bracelet would be perfect for me but I have no idea where to look for such a thing.

Craftsman
    Why not try a shark mesh bracelet?
    It suits many divers

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    the new 'wobbly' screws dont fo it for me either
    Yeah, what is it with those buggers ? A few weeks back I had a Strapcode arrive for my Alpinist and had a swine of a job attempting to remove a link.
    Got there in the end but it could have been a touch easier...

I bought a metal strap from cousins a few weeks ago for my Seiko. It was a German make and looked nice when I eventually got it fitted.

It was hard to remove the links because it looked like they had machined the sides after fitting the pins. I guess this steps them falling out? I do think the strap really suits the watch but it wasn't easy to fit but worth it in the end.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Watchgecko rubber bands are pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by degsey View Post
    I bought a metal strap from cousins a few weeks ago for my Seiko. It was a German make and looked nice when I eventually got it fitted.

It was hard to remove the links because it looked like they had machined the sides after fitting the pins. I guess this steps them falling out? I do think the strap really suits the watch but it wasn't easy to fit but worth it in the end.

Do you have a photo of it fitted to the watch you could post please.

Master
    I’m looking for a nice 22mm straight ended bracelet for my tuna- I’ve got a great 20mm one - typical

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Do you have a photo of it fitted to the watch you could post please.

I'm away on holiday and don't have the watch with me so only have this photo. Hope it helps.

I was just about to order some Omega style straps from Cousins - are they really that bad?

Grand Master
    They also sell a total rip off of the Rubber B and Everset rubber straps.The SD I recently bought had a cousins version of the two I mentioned,and apart from the branding is exactly the same.I have a RubberB that I've never worn in the two years I've had it!,this is IMO equally as good........for £15!.

Take a look and compare them,if your after something that looks and feels right for your Sub or other then you won't go wrong that I guarantee.

Ordered this after a recommendation on another site
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-22-24m...tYyH1GvPCdOWLg

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I was just about to order some Omega style straps from Cousins - are they really that bad?
    No! Some of their straps are better than others. However, their Omega style calf straps aren’t as good as they were, I think they’ve changed supplier and the quality’s dropped. The keepers are less well finished and too big, this spoils the fit for me. It’s a shame, I used to recommend these but not anymore.

Paul

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Watchgecko rubber bands are pretty good
    Thank you. I will give them a try.

Have a look for more common watches with a similar lug shape, Seiko Samurai looks like it could be adapted.

Banned
    Any recommendations for an aftermarket omega sea-master bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    No! Some of their straps are better than others. However, their Omega style calf straps aren’t as good as they were, I think they’ve changed supplier and the quality’s dropped. The keepers are less well finished and too big, this spoils the fit for me. It’s a shame, I used to recommend these but not anymore.

Paul
    That's a shame, are there any alternatives that you would recommend? I'm looking for 19/16mm straps, medium length.