closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Holiday Recommendations For Family 5 Kids 16, 14 and 12

Holiday Recommendations For Family 5 Kids 16, 14 and 12

So I am planning a vacation with the family and I am looking at the US right now. We have done Disney and I cannot be bothered with the summer crowds, we have also done San Diego and LA. I am open to other suggestions and open to driving, making it a multi stop trip. I would also consider vacations outside the US, but I like to see a country and do not want to be stuck in a resort.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    If I was going to the US, I've always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. Obviously not close to each other but you did say you don't mind driving..... ;-)

Craftsman
    Myrtle Beach is not bad but can be crazy in the summer. Plenty to do locally for the teens, and to the North you have Wilmington and the battleship USS North Carolina, famous ship from WW2.

To the south you Charlston which has the aircraft carrier USS Yorktown, and a submarine which you can go around. From this spot Patriots Point you can also get the boat out to Fort Sumter. Its small and doesnt take too long to see the Fort but its still nice to see.

If you fancy driving further you could keep going north to Fort Macon which is a much bigger fort and is a nice way to spend a couple of hours. You also have access to the Outer Banks and all the famous lighthouses. Cape Lookout is really cool, you pack a picnic and take a boat out and spend time on the island. Nice beach and calm water on the sound side for swimming, the ocean side of the island has rougher water.

Plenty of driving but it has a bit of something for everyone.
    Last edited by firefoxed; 22nd February 2018 at 16:24.

New England is a great place to head for.
    Boston for all the city things you like to do and all the history connected with it, then head off up North on 95 and take your pick. Great beaches ( sea is really cold though) , mountains and forests for an abundance of outdoorsy things. It's one of those places where you don't really need to book , you can make it up as you go.

Blog Entries
    I've written this on these pages before: a week in Washington without a car (hire a cabbie for a week - let him pick you up at the hotel every day for a drive to one of Washington's highlights). The second week with a car towards Delaware. E.g. Rehoboth Beach. Remember that nearly all beach towns are madly crowded during the summer holidays! Not only Rehoboth but also Cape Cod etc in the North and Myrtle in the South.

One Dutch tour operator is totally focussed on Can and the USA. The website is in Dutch, but I am sure that you can recognise the names of towns and places - just for inspiration.

https://www.jandoets.nl
    Last edited by thieuster; 22nd February 2018 at 20:32.

I would go to Niagra, Toronto and Montreal.

If you do decide to head in the direction of North/South Carolina, my brother-in-law has a house he rents out in Ocean Isle Beach, which is a few miles north of Myrtle Beach.

It's a lovely, low-key and very family-orientated place.

I was actually married there. We had a few days in Myrtle Beach afterwards as a mini-honeymoon too - great fun.

Holiday Recommendations For Family 5 Kids 16, 14 and 12

Denver to Vegas taking in the Rockies, beautiful southern Colorado, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley and the National Parks of Utah.

Have done 5 US road trips (6th this year) with our kids including Yosemite and Yellowstone, but one above stood out as the best was Denver to Vegas.