closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Siffert Autavia reissue - calibre 11 special edition

Siffert Autavia reissue - calibre 11 special edition

I don't think this has been posted before, but a heads up for a limited edition of 100 "Siffert" autavia re-issues made in collaboration with calibre 11:

https://www.calibre11.com/2018-heuer...ition-cbe2114/

I really like the colour scheme and the little details of the project, but just find the base reissue autavia too thick compared to the vintage models to be a viable purchase for me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks nice in the photos but it is too bulky.

It looks great, a really sensible "re-issue" (even though this never was a model).
    Glad to see that every new variant now has a proper minute sub-dial, with hashes for every minute.
    That large photo does make the H and M hands look a little cheap though, doesn't it.
    Dave

Looks really nice that, I would imagine it to be a good seller. Look forward to seeing more pics

Craftsman
    That is a nice looking piece. It would be interesting to see what it's like in the flesh.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It’s too thick but i hate that tacky signature thing the LVMH group watches tend to love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I really like it. I have been considering of selling some of the collection to get this
    But it is not really a Siffert watch, is it? The cushion shaped / automatic versions are those that have been associated with him...

Not bad looking at all but these Autavia reissues just don't do it for me and having tried one on they're just too chunky for my liking

Only 100 - destined to be bought and stashed away by a select few collectors!
    Last edited by Bootsy; 22nd February 2018 at 12:33.

Master
    Looks great, how thick is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Looks great, how thick is it?
    15 and a bit mm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    15 and a bit mm.
    Ooof ok, that is a beast. Think the 14mm thickness of my pelagos is as big as I would want to go.

Craftsman
    These heuer reissues look really nice .Pretty cool looking watch

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

It's the nicest version of the reissue Autavia yet, although still not in the same league as the originals.

With only 100 made these could become very collectable. Yesterday there were still some available on the website, I'd have been tempted to buy one if I could have got the funds together quickly. Now It's showing as sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    It’s too thick but i hate that tacky signature thing the LVMH group watches tend to love

Not LVMH's fault this time, an initiative from a Heuer blog called Calibre 11 who have licenced the use of Siffert's name from the family.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Not LVMH's fault this time, an initiative from a Heuer blog called Calibre 11 who have licenced the use of Siffert's name from the family.
    Trust me it is.....

And Zenith has one too but i can’t find a photo.....

Craftsman
    It's nice but the reissue is too bulky. But at least they fixed the 30 minutes subdial on this guy.

Craftsman
    It looks like someone thinks this is now worth circa 9K https://forums.calibre11.com/threads...or-sale.88644/

I’m not sure what the original list price was but I guess this price is significantly more.

Back when this thread was posted and I originally read it, I wasn’t aware of the release and after reviewing it I was going to purchase one but they were all sold out. It wasn’t going to be an investment purchase to lock away.

At this price I would rather pay a little more and look at the vintage Jo Siffert options.

Master
    Really like that, not put off by the thickness but the signature on the case back is a bit off putting , wonder if it can be easily removed?

Sent from my SM-T560 using TZ-UK mobile app

I have been wearing a Zodiac Grand Rally (the reissue or homage to the Zodiac Heuer Carrera from the 1970s) these last few days. Seiko Meca Quartz, which I really don't mind, but £375, a really nice (relatively thin) and comfortable case, 42mm wide, the sub dial spacing looks good, a domed sapphire crystal gives it a lot of life and it's an incredibly good watch. I genuinely prefer it to the TAG 'Heuer' Autavia homage. £375. Amazing. Or I suppose alternatively, £4k for the Autavia, shocking. And that's just the standard one. Honestly, find a Zodiac and then see if you want the Autavia.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I have been wearing a Zodiac Grand Rally (the reissue or homage to the Zodiac Heuer Carrera from the 1970s) these last few days. Seiko Meca Quartz, which I really don't mind, but £375, a really nice (relatively thin) and comfortable case, 42mm wide, the sub dial spacing looks good, a domed sapphire crystal gives it a lot of life and it's an incredibly good watch. I genuinely prefer it to the TAG 'Heuer' Autavia homage. £375. Amazing. Or I suppose alternatively, £4k for the Autavia, shocking. And that's just the standard one. Honestly, find a Zodiac and then see if you want the Autavia.
    Nice review here-that bracelet looks like a fab idea!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlqsJlC1wMQ

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Nice review here-that bracelet looks like a fab idea!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlqsJlC1wMQ
    I'd be keen on the bracelet if it had fitted end links but it doesn't, and looks half finished (or aftermarket). This is one of my Heuer Corfam-alike leather straps and looks perfect with the Zodiac.

It's really comfortable and the watch is the right height too.

"A man of little significance"

Master
    That does look much better!

Very nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I'd be keen on the bracelet if it had fitted end links but it doesn't, and looks half finished (or aftermarket). This is one of my Heuer Corfam-alike leather straps and looks perfect with the Zodiac.

It's really comfortable and the watch is the right height too.