closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Air Conditioning experts in the house?

Any Air Conditioning experts in the house?

Looking for some advice on an installation, specifically how far apart the two bits of a small, spilt unit can be sited? They are connected with refrigerant pipe and power cables. I'm assuming the power cables are no real issue but how long can you sensibly make the refrigerant pipe?

We spent last week in France helping our friends move into a new house (new to them) and they're looking to install air conditioning. Two contractors have been but the solutions are basic at best, very pricey, not very imaginative or innovative and spectacularly ugly given the rest of the property and surroundings.

I think if they're going to have to pay a lot they should not get a system that would look more at home on an industrial estate. I accept there may be no alternative however.

So far the solution is three two-unit systems and one single-unit system, where a 'two-unit system' is one compressor unit outside feeding two wall-mounted cooler units in different rooms inside.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Craftsman
    In theory, if the pipework is properly sized/insulated for the installation you can have a long run between the evaporator and condenser. Professional HVAC advice is always best in these situations as air con. can be a bit of a black art.

Craftsman
    Mitsubishi lists the maximum pipe length recommended for their installations right in the product catalog for each model, for residential and commercial systems as well. Here is a residential catalog.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.ca/en/...%202017_EN.pdf

OP's probably sorted by now.