closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Air rifle - Webley FX2000

Air rifle - Webley FX2000

I know there are a few air gun folk on here, I purchased my FX2000 around 2001 it was used many times to keep the rabbits in check on my Mums farm.

Back in 2010 it was put in my loft, between my brother and I we had made a good show of reducing the rabbit population, when I put it away I put a note in the case 'October 2010 showing 50 bar on gauge' every now and again I would check the rifle when I had need to go up there. It's now nearly eight years since it was put away, and it still shows 50 bar on the gauge, I find that pretty impressive or is this the norm, it's still on it's original seals.

I bought a full seal kit for it back in 2011, as I'm sure it will be needed some time in the future.
    Last edited by geran; 21st February 2018 at 23:10.

I guess the only way to know is to test it.
    Is there any decernable reduction in power/range?
    If so I would suggest a faulty dial.
    If not then it's a well built rifle.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 21st February 2018 at 22:51.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks like your seals are still good!!!, pump to 200 bar and monitor, if still holding....all good.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Looks like your seals are still good!!!, pump to 200 bar and monitor, if still holding....all good.
    I still have the stirrup pump for it, 200 bar was a bit of a work out even back then

Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    I still have the stirrup pump for it, 200 bar was a bit of a work out even back then
    Not for the faint (or weak) hearted. I received a free seal modding set from Webley for mine following a blow-out shortly after I bought it 15 years(+?) ago. The original FX2000 used a spring-ball-seat seal arrangement which proved to be a weak point. The new seal was a machined brass valve and o-ring arrangement which, indeed, is spot-on for sealing. Only once I've had it apart for a clean and regrease. Great piece of kit.