closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chronograph or a Dive Watch for Outdoor Meat Grilling?

Apprentice

Chronograph or a Dive Watch for Outdoor Meat Grilling?

This type of query would typically be posted on another watch forum but just out of curiosity...

While meat thickness and cooking temperatures vary, some folks use the elapsed time bezel on their dive watches for grilling steaks and burgers. I don't happen to own one so I will sometimes use the stopwatch hand on a chronograph, positioning it for either the start or end time.

When drawn away from the cooking area, either approach can serve as an approximate reminder for either flipping or removing meat from the grill. A regular watch will also suffice but sometimes various distractions or a temporary lapse in memory can throw things off.

Grand Master
    Is your life really this boring!.

Bannon, so that you're aware, despite the fact that you've just joined, you have a bit of a reputation on this fine forum.

You know, words are cheap, zo any chance of the photos of your meat alongside your watche/s?

#iwanttobelieve
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Is your life really this boring!.
    Sometimes *L* but it was just a curiosity on my part to see how some responses might vary based on forum interests. In America, there would be a sizable number of insights and recommendations. Perhaps folks in GB are not that much into Weber kettles, Genesis gas grills and various smoker designs. In the states, outdoor grilling and smoking is a regional cooking style of sorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Bannon, so that you're aware, despite the fact that you've just joined, you have a bit of a reputation on this fine forum.

You know, words are cheap, zo any chance of the photos of your meat alongside your watche/s? #iwanttobelieve
    Perhaps when the weather gets warmer. Memorial Day is generally considered the beginning of the summer barbequing season but for many, it's a year-round endeavor. As far as watches go, there's not much to share or show-off. Just an old Explorer II, a Seiko chronograph and a Citizen-made Bulova (both quartz models).
    Last edited by Bannon; 21st February 2018 at 21:55.

What do you use in the good ol' US?

Master
    It does not happen to me that often, but I am actually finding it very hard to think of something constructive to say on this post.

Not a lot of outdoor cooking goes on in the UK in Feb - its bloody freezing.

Personally, I would wear a Ceramic Daytona or a Blue dial Nautilus as both watches are so hot they would make those steaks sizzle without the need for fire.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is what you need:
    IMG_7429.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    Sometimes *L* but it was just a curiosity on my part to see how some responses might vary based on forum interests. In America, there would be a sizable number of insights and recommendations. Perhaps folks in GB are not that much into Weber kettles, Genesis gas grills and various smoker designs. In the states, outdoor grilling and smoking is a regional cooking style of sorts.

Perhaps when the weather gets warmer. Memorial Day is generally considered the beginning of the summer barbequing season but for many, it's a year-round endeavor. As far as watches go, there's not much to share or show-off. Just an old Explorer II, a Seiko chronograph and a Citizen-made Bulova (both quartz models).
    Excuses, excuses, I have a good friend of mine who is based in San Diego, bbq is like a (second) religion, the size of his Weber is enormous. Go on, you know you want to, let's see some :)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    This is what you need: IMG_7429.JPG
    Absolutely. An all-American watch design that focuses on the real priorities...charred meat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

Master
    I BBQ all year round, never had to time anything though🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I BBQ all year round, never had to time anything though樂
    Indeed. Experience has taught me when the meat is ready, not a timer.