closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice re import duty and VAT from USA

Advice re import duty and VAT from USA

Can anyone tell me the approximate total cost to import a $2000 watch from the US. Apparently 20% VAT gets applied on top of the declared value and the shipping cost, but I can't find out how much the customs duty will be after that.

Obviously there will be the usual small postal handling charge, which will be peanuts in comparison to the other charges :-(

Help appreciated please!

There's no duty to pay, only the 20% VAT on the total value including postal charge so approx. $400.

There's a handling fee of between £7 and £15 if RM or Parcel Farce end up delivering it to you in the UK.

^^^

Many thanks. That might just swing the deal, even though I'd be paying a premium for the watch you have to buy them where you find them sometimes!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Can anyone tell me the approximate total cost to import a $2000 watch from the US. Apparently 20% VAT gets applied on top of the declared value and the shipping cost, but I can't find out how much the customs duty will be after that.

Obviously there will be the usual small postal handling charge, which will be peanuts in comparison to the other charges :-(

Help appreciated please!

Not sure I understand this link but think maybe the duty is only a nominal amount.

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov...ntry=US#import

Yes, it’s max 0.80 Euro which isn’t claimed for a single watch.