closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Aquis 43.5

Craftsman

Oris Aquis 43.5

Evening all,

Thought I’d do a short review on this, seen as I was on the fence for a while and some others may be too.

What appealed to me was the rugged styling, amazing integrated bracelet, mysterious blue dial and the genuine proposition of a high quality, well priced diver that really seemed to offer something different.

What put me off was the size. At 43.5 I had a fear that it would look panerai sized on my 7 inch wrist. I’ve sold watches I liked in the past for this reason, including a pre ceramic P.O. which was otherwise perfect.

When the 39.5 Oris was announced, I like others rejoiced. But then, when I thought about it, it was going to be smaller than my diver 65, which had a slimmer bezel and vintage styling. The prospect of a modern diver with a thicker bezel and smaller dial didn’t really appeal to me.

So I got down to my local AD and tried on the 43.5. And when I did, I really was amazed at how well it fit and how compact it felt for such big watch. Whatever trickery has taken place it really just works fantastically well. The integrated lugs immediately reduce the size of the case, to the point where you’re just glad they didn’t make the watch smaller. Having owned a Sub C I can honestly say that it wears pretty much the exact same.

The bracelet is an absolute joy. It’s so comfortable and adds perfect balance to the watch. The dial looks almost black until it catches the light and then it looks just.. beautiful. I also picked up a rubber strap and deployment, having heard such positive reports about them. I’ve yet to take it out of the box.

So, there you have it. A review of sorts. Or maybe just some encouragement to anyone considering this watch but experiencing the same hesitation as I had. It is an absolute cracker of a watch and it fits perfectly on my rather average 7 inch flattish wrist. And with a bit of negotiation it could be the best value watch in your box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RBear1981; 20th February 2018 at 22:36.

Master
    Hard to fault but my slim wrists prefer the earlier tt1 diver as it wears smaller thanks to the more tapered case sides.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I do like Oris, i keep thinking about selling this but it is different and very well made.

I have also thought about adding the Oris rubber, they are great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    I do like Oris, i keep thinking about selling this but it is different and very well made.

I have also thought about adding the Oris rubber, they are great.

A wise thought. I have a rubber for the tt1 and the nakajima ltd edition. They are beautifully integrated to the case and shaped and moulded to the wrist.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Nice watch OP

Master
    Great watch. I've had 3 Oris divers, from the old TT1 to the Aquis. Love the look of the upgraded model.

Take it from me, once you put the rubber on, it will never come back off again. Most comfortable strap and deployant I've had.

Hope you enjoy it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Take it from me, once you put the rubber on, it will never come back off again. Most comfortable strap and deployant I've had.
    That’s what I’m afraid of! Enjoying the bracelet too much to try it for a while plus I have other watches on rubber so aiming to keep it for my summer hols

Thanks for the comments all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk