closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont P51

Craftsman

Bremont P51

I'd really like a P51 Bremont and quite a few weeks ago, one appeared for sale on flabby priced at about £12k. It came down to £11k and I offered £10,400 to the seller but he scoffed at my offer and was quite dismissive. I actually thought it was a fair offer but hey ho, however, it's now down to £10,750 and even though I'd really like one, I'm now put off by the fact that it has had no interest for many months and obviously is still not priced accordingly.

Does anyone know what these actually fetch in the market place? I can't justify buying a watch that I couldn't sell if times turned hard.

I have seen a few watches I've really liked, only to be put off by their reappearance on eBay and Chronos24 time and time again. The thought of having to take a bath on something costing upwards of 10 grand would definitely sharpen my senses. Only bid on what you think it's worth, unless you have cash to burn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Culminator View Post
    I'd really like a P51 Bremont and quite a few weeks ago, one appeared for sale on flabby priced at about £12k. It came down to £11k and I offered £10,400 to the seller but he scoffed at my offer and was quite dismissive. I actually thought it was a fair offer but hey ho, however, it's now down to £10,750 and even though I'd really like one, I'm now put off by the fact that it has had no interest for many months and obviously is still not priced accordingly.

Does anyone know what these actually fetch in the market place? I can't justify buying a watch that I couldn't sell if times turned hard.
    The watch you are looking at is a "dealer" or "collector who rotates their collection a lot" who lives near me. Always up for a cash offer! ;)

Craftsman
    Well, he should have taken my cash offer 6 months ago..... Interesting that he's a dealer and yes he's near you in Hitchin!

Wonder if any have sold at that kind of price?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Culminator View Post
    Well, he should have taken my cash offer 6 months ago..... Interesting that he's a dealer and yes he's near you in Hitchin!

Wonder if any have sold at that kind of price?
    These dealers don't seem to understand the time value of money.

Craftsman
    Nice watch

As a owner of a Bremont P51 I keep an eye on prices and have seen them go for around the 12k mark. However in the current climate I think your offer was not a bad one, also taking into account a service may be due.
    Its a great watch and by far my favourite in my small collection, you won’t be disappointed.

There is a Bremont Town House event on next week in London, it may be a good idea to express your interest as there may be other P51’s available.

Master
    Are you on Alt1tude.com, the Bremont forum? A user "marcusj" has one listed there that started out at £12.5k and is now at the same price you mention - £10750. I'm assuming it's the same watch. A forum full of Bremont enthusiasts still aren't buying it (there's plenty of members that own the other pricey specials like the Victory) so that probably speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    Nice watch
    Nice post.

Craftsman
    nice watch - but he should have hit your bid.... bid him 9.5 or 10 now - and be chuffed if he bites!

I got £10.5k last summer for mine - low single digit serial number.

It appeared weeks later for £15k but I have no idea if it sold or where it went after I sold it.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Siysiy View Post
    nice watch - but he should have hit your bid.... bid him 9.5 or 10 now - and be chuffed if he bites!
    Ditto!

Craftsman
    Thanks all, some great responses there! I haven't been on Altitude for a while so need to correct that and a visit to the Town Hose event sounds good.