closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Value of Speedy Snoopy (original version)

Value of Speedy Snoopy (original version)

On behalf of a friend who has a mint one of these. I've advised her around £5k buy does anyone have any experience of recent sold prices?

Times have moved on, I would suggest £9k+ for the black one and £13k+ for the Silver Snoopy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yup - they're still selliing strongly on Omega forums - last Silver sold for £12k private sale, an original up for £9k from a trader.
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 20th February 2018 at 09:39.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If he was happy with £5k I would be biting his hand off, but as others have said worth more.

I think darren at vintage speedmaster sold a silver snoopy on OF for £10k very recently. He has a black for around £8.5k iirc. I was never interested in them but obviously my speedy passion has taken off and I'd love one.

Master
    There is 1 for sale on the Omega forum and its at £8995, but thats been around since the 5th Jan, so if they want to sell it quick they may have to be more realistic.
    I would be interested if they did decide to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Times have moved on, I would suggest £9k+ for the black one and £13k+ for the Silver Snoopy.
    The Snoopy has always been one of the limited edition models that commanded a bit more of a premium but now it seems that pretty much ALL of the limited editions are commanding good money, even from the moon to mars models. No doubt some of this has been helped because the base price of a Speedmaster Professional has shot up too.

Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    The Snoopy has always been one of the limited edition models that commanded a bit more of a premium but now it seems that pretty much ALL of the limited editions are commanding good money, even from the moon to mars models. No doubt some of this has been helped because the base price of a Speedmaster Professional has shot up too.
    Absolutely, the white dial panda Apollo XI 35th anniversary are now over £9k and the Blue dial Gemini IV is not far behind. No doubt people on here recall those selling for £2k to £3k.

My first Silver Snoopy was £8.5k and the second was £9k and I feared the price would fall, since then it is continuing to rise. WF sold one at £13k as did Darren.

I was surprised the new one is more expensive (what with it being so ugly and all), but the original only had a sticker on the back, compared to the silver medallion thingy.

I really like the black dialled Snoopy, 3 years ago I couldn't find one at a reasonable price, so I bought a genuine dial off Ofrei with the thought of sticking it in a Professional at some stage. I still haven't gotten around to it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I was surprised the new one is more expensive (what with it being so ugly and all), but the original only had a sticker on the back, compared to the silver medallion thingy.

I really like the black dialled Snoopy, 3 years ago I couldn't find one at a reasonable price, so I bought a genuine dial off Ofrei with the thought of sticking it in a Professional at some stage. I still haven't gotten around to it.
    I had the same thought . never got round to it. I think the snoopy caseback is enamel though not just a sticker.

Thanks guys. Just to clarify this is not the Silver Snoopy version

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Thanks guys. Just to clarify this is not the Silver Snoopy version
    Either way, still a cracking watch IMO 👍🏻

wow these are knock out expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    If he was happy with £5k I would be biting his hand off, but as others have said worth more.
    From a friend?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    From a friend?
    Of course not Dave, but as I have no friends.....................................

Craftsman
    whaaat? wish I would have bought one when I had the chance. These gained value quickly. wow

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I had the same thought . never got round to it. I think the snoopy caseback is enamel though not just a sticker.
    Like a number of other LE Speedmasters (Gemini IV and Apollo 11 etc) it is a crystal caseback, with the design ?printed? on the inside of the crystal.