closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going back to a basic Mobile Phone...

I’ve recently picked up a Nokia 105, which is pretty much the most basic phone on sale today. No data, no camera, nothing. Just calls and texts. £15. And you know what? It’s great. I can see the appeal of a simpler life.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I’ve recently picked up a Nokia 105, which is pretty much the most basic phone on sale today. No data, no camera, nothing. Just calls and texts. £15. And you know what? It’s great. I can see the appeal of a simpler life.
    SWMBO is now phone less after throwing her sony smartphone in the bin! Just couldn't cope with all that screen and apps rubbish! (I did tell her before she got it!). Anyway the 105 looks ideal for here to carry in her handbag :-) Might I ask where you purchased this from? Was this sim free?

Actually just found it on Amazon. £14.90 with delivery SIM free. Now purchased :-)
    Last edited by solwisesteve; 17th March 2018 at 10:08.

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    SWMBO is now phone less after throwing her sony smartphone in the bin! Just couldn't cope with all that screen and apps rubbish! (I did tell her before she got it!). Anyway the 105 looks ideal for here to carry in her handbag :-) Might I ask where you purchased this from? Was this sim free? Actually just found it on Amazon. £14.90 with delivery SIM free. Now purchased :-)
    Yep, I bought mine on Amazon. Added a SIM adaptor for 31p and bob's your uncle.

NB: it's 2G only, so won't work on Three or any MVNO that uses it.

Master
    Im still using this... my sister keeps offering me her old IPhones, but I have an iPad so I don’t see the need.

iPad for emails, browsing etc
    Phone for phone calls texts

I just turned all notifications off with the exception of calls and text messages. When I am at home I leave it in my study and when playing golf, in my bag. Simples

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Uninstall ALL your apps and then turn notifications for everything else off, or at least silence them (apart from phone and text if needed).

Disable all GPS, bluetooth and wifi functionality to reserve power.

You cannot be going back to a brick in this day and age.

Master
    Simon Cowell ditches phone for 10 months - and counting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44346270

Hope this is a trend - certainly agree that its "good for my mental health.. and it has absolutely made me happier."

Not so easy for most of us who need a phone just to keep in touch. He'll have a PA or two to deal with such stuff.

My old Iphone died a while ago and as an emergency measure I dug out a very old blackberry. This has almost no modern features but the battery lasts a week and I make far fewer errors on text messages, plus it fits neatly in my pocket. The biggest advantage is how much free time I have created as now I do not need to look at the phone every 4 minutes.

Somehow life seems to carry out on just fine without the benefits of a smart phone. The strangest bit about using an old telephone is now I see how most of the population just wonders around staring at their phones.

Some potential here..

Interesting topics:

49 sec onwards
    3min 15 onwards : "Life mode"

I’m annoyed enough having to go back to an iPhone 8 while my X is either being repaired or replaced!
    It's just a matter of time...