closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Sun023

Master

Seiko Sun023

Looking at one of these, seen some reviews, quite like it, does anyone have experience of one?

That is certainly colourful, very nice indeed, shame they are sold out on creations site.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    That is certainly colourful, very nice indeed, shame they are sold out on creations site.
    Indeed, that was a very good price on there! Seems the colours are all relevant if you watch the reviews on YouTube

Craftsman
    I like this. It's bold. Haven't tried this style of watch from Seiko. Do they wear large

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    I like this. It's bold. Haven't tried this style of watch from Seiko. Do they wear large

Apparently not due to the tuna can being all black. Guess I won't know if I don't take the plunge.

Master
    I’ve had a few of the non-black versions. In short, great looking watches and finished really nicely for what they cost but they are big, heavy beasts. They wear much bigger than regular Tunas.
    Last edited by benny.c; 20th February 2018 at 00:33.

Banned
    Not a fan of Kinetic watches.

Great watch, but big. The new kinetic movement worked really well, though I think kinetic movements are best for people who wear the watch frequently.

Seiko Sun023

I had mine on yesterday.
    They are a great watch, bold colourful and very robust. Lume is nuclear. The do wear large as they are large. I have a 7.5 inch wrist and it's about as big as I would go in term of watch size. The shape of the case makes the watch wear every mm.
    It is my go to holiday watch. 4 years of being smashed about in the African bush 3/4 weeks a year and it still looks good bar a few dinks on the bezel.

Craftsman
    Ahhh. Just checked the dimensions 48mm!!!! I think 44 is probably limit. It's a beast of a watch.

Master
    Thanks guys, great answers.

Yep - I have the 021 on rubber and it is a great watch but too big really - very heavy too. Makes a 44mm Panerai look small and makes my U1 look tiddly! - a shame as the movement is excellent and as others have said the lume is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    I’ve had a few of the non-black versions. In short, great looking watches and finished really nicely for what they cost but they are big, heavy beasts. They wear much bigger than regular Tunas.
    This for me as well. Have had 3 of the variants, and would be perfect if a few MM's smaller. As it is each one gets moved on for being to big (still doesn't stop me wanting to buy another!!)

It's the lug to lug length that is the issue with these.
    The above picture shows it next to a few other large watches, the smallest being the U1 - 44mm, largest is a cheap Zlatoust homage at 55mm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    As it is each one gets moved on for being to big (still doesn't stop me wanting to buy another!!)
    Same here. I know I wouldn’t keep it but I still need to the try the PADI version

I’ve tried to find an alternative strap - but I’m stumped as I can’t find a supplier of slim ‘fat tipped’ 24mm springbars (fancy trying a mesh tbh) - anyone know where I can find some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I had the original on the bracelet. Perfect if it were shrunk 15%. If you have an 8 inch wrist you can exploit its size without fear. Loved everything else about it: shape, dial design, very raised indices, case sides are gorgeous, fantastic movement noise.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I wear the Blue PADI version as my daily work watch and beach/swim watch .
    I actually don’t find it wears too large and the soft rubber strap is comfortable even in the heat . Solid and robust- the kinetic movement means I can take it off and it will keep ticking for 6 months .