closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bespoke men’s wedding ring.

Bespoke men’s wedding ring.

Last week I lost my wedding ring, I’m gutted, it was made by a local goldsmith who has since retired, I’ve looked at local jewellery shops and they just seem cheap. So can anyone recommend a place to get a new wedding ring made, I actually have some gold to use but want to talk to someone who can actually design something a little different.

I’m in Essex so I guess London will Be the place but I do travel so can look anywhere in the UK.

I’m really looking for a recommendation based on experience rather than hear say please.

Many thanks

Justin44
    Last edited by justin44; 19th February 2018 at 21:59.

David Ashton at the OXO Tower on the South Bank made mine and Mrs Draft’s. I can’t recommend him highly enough.

Speak to Suzanne at Sentiment Jewellery Services, she has a Facebook page. She taught me and is a fantastic designer/maker. Based in Birmingham.

Master
    MY wife had a diamond pendant made by these guys in Hatton garden. http://weddingringworkshop.co.uk/ They were running the "make your own wedding ring" classes whilst we were there. Looked a really nice experience. The work they did for us was excellent and the staff really nice.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Goodwins in Edinburgh. Traditional and modern styles.

Slack & Andrews, Manchester centre. Good as gold, if you forgive the pun!

Journeyman
    Ours were made by John at Dot the Jewellers in Saltaire, I can’t recommend highly enough.

I use Lionel Wiffen in Hatton Garden: http://www.lioneljwiffen.co.uk/

He's a lovely bloke and does an excellent job.
    "A man of little significance"

Cms jewellers in Bath have done some excellent work for me. Also Harriet kelsall bespoke in Cambridge

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Furr’s in Hungerford and Cousins in Canterbury have both turned out some beautiful bespoke items for us.

http://www.furrandco.co.uk

http://www.tbcousins.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Aris Jewellers in Bournemouth offer an excellent service and you pay a fair price. I have had repairs to both watches and jewellry, stones replaced and a ring made here. Their price was far below a conventional Jeweller and the quality of work was superb.

They are not your usual Jeweller. Their shop front as it is is a doorway to the basement where there is a counter beyond which is the workshop and this is where the magic happens.

Might be worth your while giving them a call. http://www.arisjewellers.co.uk/

Master
    We had ours done by Sam at Exclusive Designs in the Lanes of Brighton.

I've never seen anything quite like my "Rock" ring. TBH at seven years new, it could stand a rebrush.

I lost my wedding ring a few years ago. Like you, I was utterly gutted and spent days looking for it. The neighbours must have thought I was mad walking around with a metal detector.

Fortunately, my supplying jeweler was still trading though, so my insurance company organised a like for like replacement easy enough.

The problem is, for me the ring is just not the same. It is simply not my wedding ring and it does not have the same meaning, so I don't even wear it any more. I know everyone is different, but my advice would be to make sure you involve your wife again with the purchase, collection etc, so that it feels like a genuine replacement of the original.

Hope you get it sorted.

Craftsman
    Xupes may be able to assist - they had a ring made for my other half based on a discontinued Mappin & Webb design. The finished item was a superb resemblance and was very well received.