closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Putting a Reverso Through the Dishwasher....!

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.

Putting a Reverso Through the Dishwasher....!

I clean a lot of watches every week and rely on my trusty 'dishwasher' otherwise known as a Fuji 101 Automatic Ultrasonic Watch Cleaning Machine.
    I have used this machine since the 70's and it has only ever had minor electrical connection faults in all this time.
    It has two cleaning jars and three rinses with a dryer and takes around 25 minutes to complete the cleaning cycle.
    The ultrasonic jar is powered by a thermionic valve and literally rattles the dirt off leaving components absolutely sparkling.
    Made for a time when watches were hardly dustproof let alone waterproof it was designed to remove even the most stubborn dirt and dried in oil and grease.
    This has proved most useful when cleaning today's watches where the components are often much smaller and have finer parts where oil and grease can be difficult to remove entirely.
    20180209_203650.jpg
    Case in point is this Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso which was keeping a very poor rate because somehow dried in oil was present in one of the pallet pivot holes.
    As we know, Swiss pallet pivots should not usually be oiled so that when they give impulse to the balance this impulse is not dampened in any way.
    Here is the offending pivot hole. No idea how oil got there. It probably was because the pallets were not cleaned before assembly at the factory. It happens !
    20180209_115523.jpg
    The watch was completely dismantled and placed in the cleaning baskets.

I seem to be having a problem attaching more than two photos via this app.
    Sorry !

Have the rules changed ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 19th February 2018 at 21:53.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    I clean a lot of watches every week and rely on my trusty 'dishwasher' otherwise known as a Fuji 101 Automatic Ultrasonic Watch Cleaning Machine.
    I have used this machine since the 70's and it has only ever had minor electrical connection faults in all this time.
    It has two cleaning jars and three rinses with a dryer and takes around 25 minutes to complete the cleaning cycle.
    The ultrasonic jar is powered by a thermionic valve and literally rattles the dirt off leaving components absolutely sparkling.
    Made for a time when watches were hardly dustproof let alone waterproof it was designed to remove even the most stubborn dirt and dried in oil and grease.
    This has proved most useful when cleaning today's watches where the components are often much smaller and have finer parts where oil and grease can be difficult to remove entirely.
    20180209_203650.jpg
    Case in point is this Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso which was keeping a very poor rate because somehow dried in oil was present in one of the pallet pivot holes.
    As we know, Swiss pallet pivots should not usually be oiled so that when they give impulse to the balance this impulse is not dampened in any way.
    Here is the offending pivot hole. No idea how oil got there. It probably was because the pallets were not cleaned before assembly at the factory. It happens !
    20180209_115523.jpg

I seem to be having a problem attaching more than two photos via this app.
    Sorry !

Have the rules changed ?

Case dismantled..20180209_113930.jpg

Banned
    Case dismantled..20180209_113930.jpg

Movement dismantled. ..2018-02-19%2021.00.40.jpg

Banned
    Movement dismantled. ..2018-02-19%2021.00.40.jpg

Sorry ! I give up ! Can't figure how to add more photos.
    Any help out there please ?

Master
    The TZ app seems to be on strike. What you can do is simply join Tapatalk and load directly. If I can do it, anyone can. There's no fee.

Looking forward to seeing the detail behind this. And: excellent thread title!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The TZ app seems to be on strike. What you can do is simply join Tapatalk and load directly. If I can do it, anyone can. There's no fee.
    Thanks paskinner
    Oh dear...well I'm going to watch the telly...blow tapatalk for now...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the detail behind this. And: excellent thread title!
    Cool huh ? Although in the past it has worried some customers...!

Master
    Hope this helps....

[QUOTE=Webwatchmaker;4673644]I clean a lot of watches every week and rely on my trusty 'dishwasher' otherwise known as a Fuji 101 Automatic Ultrasonic Watch Cleaning Machine.

Case Dismantled:

Movement dismantled
    Last edited by HappyJack; 21st February 2018 at 04:16.

Journeyman
    Always enjoying looking at this type of post. Thanks for sharing it!

Interesting read thanks for posting!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Impressive work Brendan.

Journeyman
    yep - very interesting read - thanks