closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GShock 5000 series full metal

Master

GShock 5000 series full metal

Just landed in my email inbox. The silver one looks nice!

https://www.azfinetime.com/azft/blog...eid=e79b53783a

Master
    Certainly interested to keep an eye on these. No clue on pricing i assume.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    Certainly interested to keep an eye on these. No clue on pricing i assume.

The artical mentions 500 euros for the steel, 600 for the gold.

That steel is lovely. The bezel has a titanium look about it.

I may need that in my life....

Somewhat reminiscent of the original MR G.

Those look surprisingly superb

500 EUR ??

Master
    Intriguing. Shame they've changed the module in it, doesn't need all the Bluetooth gubbins. Would definitely like to see one in the metal.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not for me. I've never liked the brick pattern and the metal has a cheap appearance about it.

I will get one.

Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Intriguing. Shame they've changed the module in it, doesn't need all the Bluetooth gubbins. Would definitely like to see one in the metal.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Id like without the Bluetooth
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    That looks nice and as i have a GW5000 may try one but price would have been better around the 300 euro mark.

Master
    Clearly skim reading did not payoff for me :)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    The artical mentions 500 euros for the steel, 600 for the gold.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    I'm hoping this is a sort of a halo model to introduce and draw attention to the series, to be followed on by less costly versions around €250-300 mark, which does feel like the sweet spot for these. It had better be brushed finish, though, I can't imagine myself liking a shiny one.

Apprentice
    I agree with the previous posters about the unnecessary bluetooth function, but a metallic square with a screw back does appeal to the purist in me. There's also a DLC version that's limited to 500 watches, priced at 1250usd I think. It might be a gshock x porter collaboration.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    I'm hoping this is a sort of a halo model to introduce and draw attention to the series, to be followed on by less costly versions around €250-300 mark, which does feel like the sweet spot for these. It had better be brushed finish, though, I can't imagine myself liking a shiny one.
    Rumours are that it is polished.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Not for me. I've never liked the brick pattern and the metal has a cheap appearance about it.
    Besides that, isn’t metallic construction pretty much antithetical to the whole G-Shock thing?

Craftsman
    I would suppose that while the outer shell itself may conduct shocks much better, that just means more shock absorption has to take place on the inside. But it's not as if this is the first metal G-Shock, I'm sure Casio has an explanation what this type is better at. Crush resistance certainly springs to mind, and besides, G-Shocks have are so overengineered that even slightly poorer shock resistance is bound to keep them well within specification.

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Rumours are that it is polished.
    I see - still, I'm sure if these sell at all well, Casio is bound to make a polished model sometime in the future. I can't wait to see one in real life though, I'm really curious how this iconic shape works when done in metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Besides that, isn’t metallic construction pretty much antithetical to the whole G-Shock thing?
    The gold one does look a bit CP30.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Journeyman
    Love the silver one, definitely going to try to get one when they’re released

Craftsman
    Not for me - all looks a bit too shiny for a G-shock.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

These are a great idea but don’t really work as a g shock imho. For comparison, take off your dw5600 and throw at a wall. The watch will survive, probably without a mark due to the resin (which is easily replaced and shrugs off abuse). Repeat with a steel cased version and you’ll probably get a nasty ding or scuff at the very least. Sure it’ll work but it will show damage more readily - so in real life it’s not as ‘tough’ as a regular £50 G shock. Still looks cool though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Very want.

I'm hoping for a Ti version of this, less shiny than the stainless and lighter. But if that doesn't materialise I'll be after the steel version as a "for best" g-shock if there is such a thing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    These are a great idea but don’t really work as a g shock imho. For comparison, take off your dw5600 and throw at a wall. The watch will survive, probably without a mark due to the resin (which is easily replaced and shrugs off abuse). Repeat with a steel cased version and you’ll probably get a nasty ding or scuff at the very least. Sure it’ll work but it will show damage more readily - so in real life it’s not as ‘tough’ as a regular £50 G shock. Still looks cool though!!

Yes true, but then Rolex make dive watches out of gold so the same principle applies, I guess.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
    I'm hoping for a Ti version of this, less shiny than the stainless and lighter. But if that doesn't materialise I'll be after the steel version as a "for best" g-shock if there is such a thing
    That sounds like it could be great potentially, but I'm still not 100% sure that the 5600 shape made out of metal will work for me in the first place. I've seen the silver 5600 (I believe it was an anniversary model from quite a long time ago, possibly the 20th) and I thought it looked amazing, but it was obviously resin, which could make all the difference. I also think the bracelet design could be nicer, but maybe it's just me because I never liked the combi bracelet either while many actually preferred the look ...