closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ducati scrambler

Craftsman

Ducati scrambler

I know there are a few bikers on here, anyone run a Ducati Scrambler? thoughts appreciated as My BMW is either getting heavier or I'm getting frailer as I get older! Cheers, John B4

Craftsman
    I moved from BMW to a Scrambler for the same reasons. Two weeks after delivery I fell and broke my hip so it's been an ornament in the garage, albeit a nice looking one.

I would recommend but can't provide much advice from a riding perspective. Not as much grunt as my old 851, or as much tourque as the boxer, worthy of a test ride.

Master
    I think they look great

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    I know there are a few bikers on here, anyone run a Ducati Scrambler? thoughts appreciated as My BMW is either getting heavier or I'm getting frailer as I get older! Cheers, John B4
    Thinking of moving from my Harley for the same reasons! Be interested to hear views.

Love mine. Swopped from a multi Strada for the same reasons as above. It's very light and therefore a joy to ride. I find it powerful enough and love the sound when being pushed. Services are £160 a year and I've had no issues with mine at all.
    I got the first ones off the production line in March 15.
    Mine is red with carbon sides

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Love mine. Swopped from a multi Strada for the same reasons as above. It's very light and therefore a joy to ride. I find it powerful enough and love the sound when being pushed. Services are £160 a year and I've had no issues with mine at all.

Great engaging design. Reminds me of the original 90's monster 600.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post

Very nice indeed. Never thought of them.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies chaps, guess I'll have to go to a dealer now and try for size! Cheers, John B4

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies chaps, guess I'll have to go to a dealer now and try for size! Cheers, John B4
    Diffinately try for size, as they are tiny

I've never been on one so can't comment on what they're like but they look great. I particularly like the desert sled version, I think it looks spot on!

They are very small and light; the sort of bike you can just jump on and go for a quick spin.
    If that’s how you ride they are ideal; I’ve been thinking about one myself, probably the cafe racer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had a look at them in my local dealer a few weeks back. I liked the Desert Sled version. It felt a bit bigger & taller than the regular version. I'd have one in an instant if it wouldn't risk divorce.

Craftsman
    It was the Desert Sled that piqued my interest, not that I would take it off road (much!) but it looks the right balance of size/weight, and as others have said the std one is tiny, both look super cool though (as if that mattered!)
    Cheers, John B4

Journeyman
    It was the Desert Sled that piqued my interest, not that I would take it off road (much!) but it looks the right balance of size/weight, and as others have said the std one is tiny, both look super cool though (as if that mattered!)
    Cheers, John B4
    Desert Sled looks great

Waiting to look at the new KTM 790 ? as I fancy a lighter bike than the current GS

Had a look at one of these at the Ducati tent at the Superbikes at Knockhill.. They are gorgeous, particularly the Classic version. As others have said, they are small, with a low seat, but that's perfect for me.

Keep thinking about it when the garage is finished..

Ummed and aahed about one, the desert sled in particular. Ended up going for a one of the new Honda Africa Twins. To explain further, where I live there’s only one dealer for each of the marques, and the Ducati one doesn’t exactly have a stellar reputation...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Ummed and aahed about one, the desert sled in particular. Ended up going for a one of the new Honda Africa Twins. To explain further, where I live there’s only one dealer for each of the marques, and the Ducati one doesn’t exactly have a stellar reputation...
    That desert sled is very reminisant of my old XT500

I do miss my XR...

I think they look good. A mate has one and really likes it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Bikeless atm due to having them pinched.
    Every time I see a bit of track or country road I think of buying a 4 stroke ratter like a DRZ 400 or somesuch. I don't think I will ever buy anything decent again just to have some pos make it disappear or chuck it down the road myself. Ducati looks nice though (no no no no no stop it )

Master

My first bike ...

Bought this last year .. and spent the last few months changing various things to have it looking like this now ...

It's great fun and easy to ride.
    Although as with all man toys .. I'm looking at the next option - probably a BMW R nineT.
    I agree - it now feels a little small (I'm 6'0"). I've added a higher (comfort) seat and adjusted pre-load to max.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Bought this last year .. and spent the last few months changing various things to have it looking like this now ...

It's great fun and easy to ride.
    Although as with all man toys .. I'm looking at the next option - probably a BMW R nineT.
    I agree - it now feels a little small (I'm 6'0"). I've added a higher (comfort) seat and adjusted pre-load to max.
    Very nice indeed......although do you not think the Nine T will be a similar size or are they slightly taller?

Mike

These naked mid-low powered bikes are right up my street and not helping me stick to my promise to myself to wait until next year before buying one. I've been sitting on an unrestricted licence (completed it just before they brought in the current system) for over 4 years now and it's probably time I should get one of these or an Street Triple.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Very nice indeed......although do you not think the Nine T will be a similar size or are they slightly taller?

Mike
    I took a R9T for a ride at the weekend.. they felt surprisingly similar .. although I have got lower bars on my Scrambler and higher seat - which probably makes the gap in size less.

Weight wise the R9T is bigger and much much more torque.. (slightly odd to feel the bike lurch to one side when you rev the bike at the lights!)

Craftsman
    Ian, that's a great looking bike you have there, some subtle mods that make it look so much nicer than stock, what was the 'base' model before mods?
    Cheers, John B4

Master
    Ian, that's a great looking bike you have there, some subtle mods that make it look so much nicer than stock, what was the 'base' model before mods?
    Cheers, John B4
    Thanks John .. my bike is the Icon model .. although I've added bits from across the range
    - Cafe Racer exhaust
    - Full throttle bars
    - Flat Track Pro Mirrors
    and more ...

I've probably done as much as I want for now ... although tempted to get the headers ceramic coated black ...

Craftsman
    Just when you think that there may be one model in the range you like I see that Ducati have launched an 1100 version now..Choices choices...oh and Ian, don't coat the headers they provide a great contrast with the rest of the engine (IMHO!) and whatever you do don't use exhaust wrap!!!! Cheers, John B4

Master
    Just when you think that there may be one model in the range you like I see that Ducati have launched an 1100 version now..Choices choices...oh and Ian, don't coat the headers they provide a great contrast with the rest of the engine (IMHO!) and whatever you do don't use exhaust wrap!!!! Cheers, John B4
    I'm going to see about getting a test ride on the 1100 .. one thing i saw was that it's not a big rise in HP from going 800 - 1100. But good torque lower down.
    AFAIK they've only just started production of the 1100 - no reviews yet so worth waiting a week or two to see what people think.

800cc 73 hp @ 8,250 rpm, 49 lb-ft @ 5,750 rpm
    1100cc 86 hp @ 7,500 rpm, 65 lb-ft @ 4,750 rpm

And yes - I think I agree on the headers.

Craftsman
    Hi Ian, popped you a pm. Cheers, John B4