closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where do people buy Seikos?

Master

Where do people buy Seikos?

I live in a city with a population of about 350,000. It has two, quite big, 'private' jewellers, one a Rolex AD, and the usual range of Goldsmiths et al.

After the recent hullaballoo about the enamel & urushi Seiko Presages, I thought I might buy one, so it was hammer-to-the-piggy-bank time and off I wandered into town, pockets jingling.

Could I find one? The Hell I could. 'We have some pictures, sir.' But then I realised that it was hard enough to buy any Seikos at all. H Samuel were the only stockist with more than 20 and then none over £200.

So, come on. Share the secret. Where do people go to look at Seiko's higher-end stuff (which, let's face it, ain't that expensive) or does the most famous of all Japanese brands sell only online?

Jura watches
    Iguana Sell UK
    Chino watches
    Higuchi watches
    Sky watches
    Creation watches
    Shopping in Japan
    eBay
    Amazon

Creation, SC and e-bay.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Creation, SC and e-bay.
    The only 3 sourses I have ever used, although I dont think I would use ebay any more.

Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    The only 3 sourses I have ever used, although I dont think I would use ebay any more.
    The rules seem to have changed for buying off Creation. People need to factor in 20% vat and about £15 Couriers handling fee if the watch is coming from Singapore. They seem to honestly declare the values these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The rules seem to have changed for buying off Creation. People need to factor in 20% vat and about £15 Couriers handling fee if the watch is coming from Singapore. They seem to honestly declare the values these days.
    Think this has been discussed in another thread but if you select the right option at checkout then you do not get charged any import VAT, but you also do not get the box.

Craftsman
    I don't know whether a new Turtle would be considered at the upper end of the Seiko range (certainly more expensive than most if not all of their high street stuff).

I was quite surprised to enter into a high street chain store today, and there was one in the glass cabinet. It wasn't in the window which was quite surprising.

This was a store in Kent.

Then I drove half an hour (still in Kent) and saw another turtle in a private jewellery shop (but he had loads of Seiko's) most of which were of the high street fare.

Before today, I'd never seen one in the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I live in a city with a population of about 350,000. It has two, quite big, 'private' jewellers, one a Rolex AD, and the usual range of Goldsmiths et al.... Where do people go to look at Seiko's higher-end stuff (which, let's face it, ain't that expensive) or does the most famous of all Japanese brands sell only online?
    London for high end (Selfridges) or Jura online. H Samuel and Earnest Jones are the same company I think. H Samuel cover the bottom end (up to £200) with Earnest Jones taking over up to £350 or so.

Stamford is nearish to you, a very nice Seiko dealer there stocking the Astron range...

Craftsman
    I can vouch for Creation watches too. And, as has been said already, if you select the right option on checkout (Royal Mail, no import duty) you won’t pay any import tax. I think delivery costs £6 or so. I did this myself a week ago and the watch arrived Friday with no problems whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Yodobashi Camera in Japan. Great selection and prices.

John Lewis seem to sell them now too, well the mid tier ones, they have the new Cocktail time and Padi ones for instance.

I was in the mcauther Glenn outlet today near York and they’ve got a seiko shop in there ,they had a few decent bits from the prospex range

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakius View Post
    John Lewis seem to sell them now too, well the mid tier ones, they have the new Cocktail time and Padi ones for instance.
    Was just about to say this - walked in today and had a browse. Stupidly they put the Padi on the very top shelf...which was unusually high so hardly anyone could see it.

Where do people buy Seikos?

Gnomon for a MM300

Master
    Gnomon, SeiyaJapan, ShoppingInJapan

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Yorkshire Watches.

Yorkshire watches deserve a mention,good service and U.K. based.

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Yorkshire watches deserve a mention,good service and U.K. based.
    Not cheap, and I’d question the good service. I’ve bought from them in the past, but recently when I’ve politely asked them to check alignment (a common problem on Seikos) before posting a watch they have refused to do so and even told me to buy from a b&m shop if I want a ‘perfect’ example. Strange behaviour (other sellers are happy to do this) and IMO quite arrogant and rude.

Master
    Has anyone used Japan online store? Are they any good

Last couple from Jura for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I bought my last one from a Patek dealer, which was weird. Last new one I got was the SBDX017 which I got from a German dealer via C24

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Most recent one was from uhrenlounge in Germany. I sent them off an email and asked for best price plus shipping to Ireland and they came back with 50 euro less than website price.

So far so good and the watch is due to arrive Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Not cheap, and I’d question the good service. I’ve bought from them in the past, but recently when I’ve politely asked them to check alignment (a common problem on Seikos) before posting a watch they have refused to do so and even told me to buy from a b&m shop if I want a ‘perfect’ example. Strange behaviour (other sellers are happy to do this) and IMO quite arrogant and rude.
    There based not far from me, glad I never bothered asking them the same question. As you say not the cheapest, but that wouldn't have bothered me if I knew I was going to receive a good example that had been checked over prior to posting out.

I found another seller on Flea Bay who had three in stock of the model I was interested in, he was a real gent he inspected each one, price was £10 more than Yorkshire Watches but was hassle free, and no surprises.

Have an excellent Seiko AD in Cardiff. Can get almost any model I want, and they'll order in at their risk for those not in stock.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Michael Andrews in Newark has a range of Seiko, including quite expensive ones. Can’t recall if I have seen any GS in there. No idea if they would order in but worth asking.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Michael Andrews in Newark has a range of Seiko, including quite expensive ones. Can’t recall if I have seen any GS in there. No idea if they would order in but worth asking.
    Grew up in Newark. Always seemed an anomaly that shop. Still go there quite regularly just to have a mooch. They once let me try on the Spring drive space watch from a few years ago. Think it was 17k! Didn't even like it tbh

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Rob at Monster watches in the Netherlands sorted me out with my Shogun. He's also great if you need a new watch modded or upgraded.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by axb601 View Post
    I can vouch for Creation watches too. And, as has been said already, if you select the right option on checkout (Royal Mail, no import duty) you won’t pay any import tax. I think delivery costs £6 or so. I did this myself a week ago and the watch arrived Friday with no problems whatsoever.

Agree with the above I had no probs recently with an SKX007 via the RM option. Bear in mind though you get the watch in a pouch instead of the original box with the RM option.

Banned
    Creation Watches , seiya are great too and higuchi for me

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxed View Post
    Most recent one was from uhrenlounge in Germany. I sent them off an email and asked for best price plus shipping to Ireland and they came back with 50 euro less than website price.

So far so good and the watch is due to arrive Tuesday.
    This. I've found German dealers to have some of the best prices for new Seiko in the EU.

So far I've successfully used uhrenlounge (https://www.uhrenlounge.de/shop/) and Unger Schmuck (https://www.unger-schmuck.com/)

Rolex boutique in London. I bought my Night series black turtle from them online.

Has to be SeiyaJapan for Me or i simply bid for a Haneda/Narita Trip line and go into any of the Bic Camera shops.The only thing is that the Sales Assistants normally will not let You have the Sales tag.

Craftsman
    I bought a SRPB049k1 from Tic Watches in Darlington. Really good service.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on a SRPC49k1?
    London Boutique have sold out.

Journeyman
    Mostly eBay

I've used Creation Watches website, and Gizmo Outlets on eBay without a problem.

Craftsman
    Ebay for me, even tho I wouldn't recommend to be extra careful..m

Craftsman
    My most recent was Yorkshire Watches, but also previously used Seiya and Creation with no problems with any of them.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk