closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Newbie saying hello

Journeyman

Newbie saying hello

Hello all,

So, after about 10 years reading this forum on an almost daily basis, I finally decided to join in!

In any case, the passion for the watches is there. Slowly but steadily, I may chip in with comments every now and then, and we will then see how it goes.

I will try to attach to this initial post pictures of the current “fleet” I have “parked” in the watch box. 4 watches altogether is what I currently have, as per below:

This one is currently spending time with omega-uk having a service, due to its reluctance in accepting that the days of the week should change around midnight. It is back to the bracelet after a short stint on the black leather strap. Should be back in 5 weeks or so. I am missing it a lot actually.

Next:

Well, what can I say about the 2254 really? I could start start by saying that I love it. But then I love them all. Almost equally....

And finally the last 2:

And this one

So, both the Moon watch and the Tissot share one very big thing in common with me: All the 3 of us have completed the same number of orbits around the Sun! The clue on the the number of orbits is within my username! We could also do with some TLC, but that’s an age thing I suppose. :)

So, that will be it for the time ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully the pictures will load correctly, but if not I will have another go at it.

AD1974

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Hello one of the best introductions for a while.

Never owned an Omega 2254 but must get one as they still look lovely even though they stopped production around 10 years ago.

Welcome, nice pics. I do like that Tissot :-)

Apprentice
    Love that 2254

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1974AD View Post
    Hello all,

So, after about 10 years reading this forum on an almost daily basis, I finally decided to join in!
    Hi, great intro and nice watches, thanks. Being new here too I can see why you hesitated to join in. There are some weirdos around, but generally people here are decent. Just ignore the Wanchers and enjoy.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    Welcome, nice pics. I do like that Tissot :-)
    Thanks Guz.
    I find it really cool as well. It does however needs attention. The lack of the seconds hand (I got it like that...) really annoys me. I will go through refurbishing it, but with one out now being fixed (the triple-date) it is not a priority yet.

Why do three got worn on your right wrist, and one on your left?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Welcome. Nice watches.

Craftsman
    Welcome along. I have a 2254 in the post on its way to me as we speak!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteris View Post
    Hi, great intro and nice watches, thanks. Being new here too I can see why you hesitated to join in. There are some weirdos around, but generally people here are decent. Just ignore the Wanchers and enjoy.
    Thanks Peteris.

To be honest, I think all these years I’ve been lurking was more to do with feeling that I would never have much to add to the discussions than anything else really.

But then I was playing with the iPad (and the watches as some of us would do) in the early hours of a Saturday and finally decided to join in. A matter of timing I suppose.

Cheers,

1974AD

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That tissot is lovely!

Craftsman
    Welcome to the forum.
    I like the Tissot on the strap too.
    Probably too big for me to wear though.
    Have a good time here.
    Saturday night and over 200 of us viewing

Journeyman

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Good point and well noted. I always wear then on the right, despite not being left-handed.

I took that picture when I was testing the leather strap (I wanted to give it a more formal/less sporty look), but as I mentioned in my OP, the bracelet is back now.

So as I was swapping straps I wondered: Well, I am not left-handed, so I should try to do like everybody else and wear my watch on the left wrist. It felt so odd that I took a picture of it.

Maybe as a reminder so I never do it again.....

Nice watches and welcome, I too have a 2254 and 1974 Speedmaster..

With watches like that how has it taken you 10 years of daily viewing to only join up now? You could have had access to SC a long time ago and spent even more money..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

2254 is such great watch.

It was through this forum that I found out about it.

Have worn mine daily for a year as it's so pleasing on the wrist. Don't think I'll every get tired of it.

Dangerous forum to visit this.......it costs a lot!

Rinse and repeat.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Hi and welcome!

Another 2254 lover here.......why ohh why did I ever sell that watch? Gorgeous.

Master
    I’d say my 2254.50 will be the last watch to be sold if there was ever a personal financial crisis. I do love it.
    Realised how good the Speedie looks on the bracelet and will be tempted to put myine back on one.
    Welocome to the forum !

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Nice watches and welcome, I too have a 2254 and 1974 Speedmaster..

With watches like that how has it taken you 10 years of daily viewing to only join up now? You could have had access to SC a long time ago and spent even more money..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks Murkeywaters and all for the nice and warm welcome.
    Well done on the choice for both the speed and seamaster. But then I am obviously biased....

Well, as I mentioned when replying to an earlier post, I never really felt I would have much to contribute, and always felt happy just by reading and learning from other members posts and seeing the pictures of all the nice watches and the rest of it.

After all the time lurking though, I now think I know one or two things about it all and can start contributing. I suppose it feels a bit like studying tomorrow’s lessons the night before going to school :)

On not having access to SC all those years, that was probably a good thing. Once I buy a watch, I keep them. Once they become my partners and share my journey through space-time they stay forever! I am happy with the current “fleet” of 4 as it stands, despite having 2 empty spaces in the box/garage.... time will tell...

Cheers,

1974AD

You really are a troubled soul.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by topcat666 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    I like the Tissot on the strap too.
    Probably too big for me to wear though.
    Have a good time here.
    Saturday night and over 200 of us viewing
    Shagging : cancelled due to infirmity

Drinking : diminished to the point of no recognition

TZUK : rules!! Go TZUK!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Well spotted.

Welcome Mr 1974 be good to see the first pic in a day light shot, no flash.
    Last edited by geran; 18th February 2018 at 00:18.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Welcome Mr 1974 be good to see the first pic in a day light shot, no flash.
    Thanks geran. I will post some once it’s back from the service/repair.

Master
    Hi and welcome to the forum

Lovely quartet. I picked up a 2254 late last year. Amid all the watches that I have had over the years, I have to say, the 2254 is one of the best.

Blog Entries
    Welcome bud, enjoy!

Journeyman
    Davis, Kav Kav, thanks for the welcome. Cheers !

Journeyman

Newbie saying hello

Hi 11erv,

It is just unbelievable the amount of positive feedback that the 2254 gets from everybody really. I find it’s design really fantastic , and without a doubt not even a future classic, but a present one!
    But what really amazes me the most, is that despite it being now discontinued for 10years or so and people seem to love it more more.
    And I seen to remember rumours at the time on it being taken out of production due to its lack of popularity (in any case when compared to the seamaster bond, that survived up to these days).
    One of the few watches that I don’t remember reading any negatives about.

I suppose that to a lesser degree, the same can be said about the great white. Apparently nobody wanted to buy it back in the day, and now loads of people crave for one! Well, I know I do. It may sound like a sacrilege to many, but I find it way cooler than the Rolex exp II !

Last edited by 1974AD; 19th February 2018 at 18:50.

Journeyman

This one is currently spending time with omega-uk having a service, due to its reluctance in accepting that the days of the week should change around midnight. It is back to the bracelet after a short stint on the black leather strap. Should be back in 5 weeks or so. I am missing it a lot actually.
    I own an Omega 3520.50 (similar to your watch above). I've also had issues with the day wheel not clicking over correctly.

Mine went in for a service in May 2016 and returned to me in September (it was ready for collection in August but I didn't have time to pick up).

Wore for a week or so and the issue was still present. Back to Omega for further review and returned to me in December 2016.

Wore it for a few weeks and all seemed OK. Wore it again on a holiday in April 2017. All fine. Put it away in the watch box for a few months.

December 2017 rolls around and I decided to wear the watch again.

First few days, the day wheel clicked over correctly around midnight. Then, it stopped working i.e. the day was only half displayed in the window. Back to Omega again.

The watch was returned to me a couple of weeks ago. OK so far!

I hope you have better luck with your Omega.

This was all via the Omega boutique in NYC.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hbr245b View Post
    I own an Omega 3520.50 (similar to your watch above). I've also had issues with the day wheel not clicking over correctly.

Mine went in for a service in May 2016 and returned to me in September (it was ready for collection in August but I didn't have time to pick up).

Wore for a week or so and the issue was still present. Back to Omega for further review and returned to me in December 2016.

Wore it for a few weeks and all seemed OK. Wore it again on a holiday in April 2017. All fine. Put it away in the watch box for a few months.

December 2017 rolls around and I decided to wear the watch again.

First few days, the day wheel clicked over correctly around midnight. Then, it stopped working i.e. the day was only half displayed in the window. Back to Omega again.

The watch was returned to me a couple of weeks ago. OK so far!

I hope you have better luck with your Omega.

This was all via the Omega boutique in NYC.
    This sounds like a nightmare. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I hope yours is fixed now and they sort mine first time really.
    I think this is a relatively common fault with this watch/movement as I read about it more than once in the past in different watch forums.
    When I took it to the AD I was very specific about this particular issue, and even mentioned that the watch was keeping good time, with everything else being ok with it.
    I was then told that they would check it and maybe not even a full service would be required and they would come back to me with a quote for the repair.
    To my (not) surprise, I was then contacted a week or so ago and told that a full service will be required...
    But then, so be it. As long as it comes back fully refreshed and working, I will be really happy. I should find out in 4 to 5 weeks...

Hello and welcome! Nice first post and good collection, love the 2254

Journeyman
    This sounds like a nightmare. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I hope yours is fixed now and they sort mine first time really.
    I think this is a relatively common fault with this watch/movement as I read about it more than once in the past in different watch forums.
    When I took it to the AD I was very specific about this particular issue, and even mentioned that the watch was keeping good time, with everything else being ok with it.
    I was then told that they would check it and maybe not even a full service would be required and they would come back to me with a quote for the repair.
    To my (not) surprise, I was then contacted a week or so ago and told that a full service will be required...
    But then, so be it. As long as it comes back fully refreshed and working, I will be really happy. I should find out in 4 to 5 weeks...

A bit of an ordeal, yes. Hopefully over now though!

Let us know when your watch returns from service.