closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fimecor Pressure Tester

Fimecor Pressure Tester

Scored this pressure tester off eBay, haven't had time to check it out though it has been delivered. Does anybody know what the red stuff in the bottle may be for? Oil for the compressor maybe?!

Master
    I was tempted to bid on this as I was interested in a pressure tester - I believe it’s an AL600 and omega had a branded version- I’ve got a screen grab of some German instructions

Master
    Blog Entries
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I was tempted to bid on this as I was interested in a pressure tester - I believe it’s an AL600 and omega had a branded version- I’ve got a screen grab of some German instructions
    Yes it's the same as this: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...sure-162336814 ... In the photos there, there's a red residue in the main chamber so the mystery liquid seems important somehow.

Craftsman
    Just guessing but probably best to describe this as a leak detector than a pressure tester.

I am guessing the red fluid is for detecting leaks similar to washing up liquid/soap on a bike tyre.
    On modern pressure testers a leak detection program pressurises the air in the case and then you can put the watch in water to see the bubbles escaping from the leak.
    Again just guessing, but I think this is a cross between one of those and the old Bergeon hand pump pressure testers.

I was shown a non working one of these that the owner wanted to know how to operate. We worked out that you suspend the watch in the chamber, clamp the lid on then switch on the pump. As a vacuum is drawn the red liquid travels up the tube at the side of the chamber and can be read against a scale, the pump switches off and if the level of the liquid in the tube falls then the watch must have a leak somewhere. As me32dc suggests it's a leak detector as opposed to a pressure tester, the disadvantage of this type is you're not really sure where exactly the leak is from, caseback, crown, pusher or crystal, you just know it's leaking somewhere.

Craftsman
    Good to know, so not much use these days compared to a Bergeon one for tinkerers.