closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Registering a purchase for warranty (non watch). ??

Registering a purchase for warranty (non watch). ??

Can any consumer and legal experts help me out with something please?

I recenlty purchased a Dyson electrical item and registered it with Dyson, activating some 2 year warranty. I asked a friend of mine if he'd done the same thing with a similar purchase and his reply was "If something that expensive breaks within 2 years, there's not a court in the land that wouldn't side with me in a claim"

Is he right? Is registering item just a waste of time and gives the consumer no further protection?

I have no idea what the legal stance is, but what's the effort in spending 5 minutes online to register it? I'd rather claim on a warranty I bothered registering for than going through a small claims court.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Registering can be useful.
    We had a problem with the light in a Bosch oven (out of warranty).
    I rang up and asked for the part number and order process. They found me on their computer, and sent me a freebie.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcata View Post
    Can any consumer and legal experts help me out with something please?

I recenlty purchased a Dyson electrical item and registered it with Dyson, activating some 2 year warranty. I asked a friend of mine if he'd done the same thing with a similar purchase and his reply was "If something that expensive breaks within 2 years, there's not a court in the land that wouldn't side with me in a claim"

Is he right? Is registering item just a waste of time and gives the consumer no further protection?
    He’s right to a point, but you’ll spend hours going to court or complaining to customer services versus 2 minutes filling in an online form.

PS Dyson CS was exceptional with a slightly out of warranty item I had.

Cheers guys - kind of what I thought.

Also - whats the time limit for statutory guarantees? I've googled it and there's various answers of 6 months and 12 months and even 6 years. Depending on what you read

6 years is your right to make a claim not how long the goods should last. Google consumer rights act 2015 for the legislation - most useful part is can claim off and part of the supply chain in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Martin Lewis site is often a good place to start.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...funds-exchange

I think the key is that expectations of product useful life are proportionate to the cost.

Another reason to register is so that you can be contacted if there’s a product recall. Could be important safety issue on a kitchen appliance.