closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Craftsman

Nintendo Switch

Anyone own one and have any recommendations for games?

Master
    Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey definitely to start!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!

Craftsman
    I guess those are the classics! Anyone recommend splatoons 2?

My son got one for Christmas (he's 8) and loves Mario Kart 8 and odyssey...thought I'd have a wee shot myself and they really are superb.."dad give it back..." In a minute son, in a minute

Splatoon 2 is really good too. My favourite is Zelda. I’ve played it so much. Mario + Rabbids is a great strategy game.

My daughter and her friend are playing Mario Kart 8 right now on split screen , it’s really good great graphics especially on 49”Samsung QLED!

Master
    Do NOT, whatever you do waste your money on 1-2-Switch!

It should have been bundled with the console in the same way that Wii Sports was with the Wii to show off its functionality (plus it was great fun), but clearly it wasn't, I suspect in order to keep costs down. It really isn't worth the £40 odd quid Mrs. MST paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!
    Yep, this. Fun for all ages. We bought the console solely for this game, and it's been worth it.

Craftsman
    Ok thanks, probbly gonna get the bundle with Mario kart then. I think it's going for £330 from Nintendo directly.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Buy from Tesco. The console plus Mario Kart 8, Zelda or Mario Odyssey is £309 with £20 off when you enter the code TDX-PHJ4 bringing the bundle down to £289.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/nintend...skuId=364-1064
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 15th February 2018 at 21:24.

Mario cart great fun

If you haven't played it on other platforms, don't forget about Skyrim:

• Skyrim on Switch if you want portability (or don't have any other version);
    • Skyrim on Playstation if you want VR;
    • Skyrim on PC if you want the best graphics (and mods).

I don't have a Switch yet, but when I do, Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW and Skyrim are the first games I'll be getting. Possibly Doom as well (also better on PC, but portable on Switch).

Are these worth the money? I'm tempted to buy one and am sure I'll love Mario, Mario Kart and Zelda...Tesco Outlet on eBay have console only for £255 which is tempting.

Yes, they are worth the money, if the games mentioned above appeal to you. If you'd rather be playing PUBG, then perhaps not.

Mario and Zelda are the two best games I've played in years. Zelda is the best game I've ever played. The Switch is definitely worth buying. The current Tesco offer is the best I've seen. £289 including either Mario or Zelda is fantastic.

Craftsman
    Zelda is one of the best games I have played for a long time. Although always been a Zelda fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Yes, they are worth the money, if the games mentioned above appeal to you. If you'd rather be playing PUBG, then perhaps not.
    I always used to be a Nintendo fanboy, SNES, N64 Gameboy etc etc but didn't venture into the Wii. Think I'll try one, also like the sound of a possible retro emulator at some point.

I don't know what PUBG is 😳

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Buy from Tesco. The console plus Mario Kart 8, Zelda or Mario Odyssey is £309 with £20 off when you enter the code TDX-PHJ4 bringing the bundle down to £289.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/nintend...skuId=364-1064
    Thanks for the heads up! Much better value than from nintendo directly!

Having had the console since it was released I’d recommend buying games digitally rather than on memory cards. It is so much more convenient to not have to swap cards over. I have got 4 games on cards and 9 digital games. The physical games are generally cheaper than the digital ones. I bought Bayonetta 2 for £39.99 and Bayonetta for a discounted £10 on the eShop today. I could have bought them for £42.99 (with Prime discount) from Amazon.

I also have 2 Pro controllers (which are great, especially for Zelda and Splatoon) and a second set of Joy-cons (which I bought for 2 player Arms).

Have you seen Labo yet? It’s due for release in May and looks amazing. You build accessories from cardboard for use with games.

Master
    Looks like that discount code has expired. Anyone know of any other decent Switch deals around at the moment?

Having had the console since it was released I’d recommend buying games digitally rather than on memory cards. It is so much more convenient to not have to swap cards over.
    Just bear in mind that people have been complaining about the way Nintendo manage virtual purchases for years. I own more than one 3DS, but can only play half my games on one of them, because unlike every other app store in the universe, they aren't transferrable. As far as I know it works the same way on the Switch.

Have you seen Labo yet? It’s due for release in May and looks amazing. You build accessories from cardboard for use with games.
    I've seen some previews and it does look good. Has the potential to be as revolutionary as the original Wii.
    Last edited by robt; 16th February 2018 at 20:55.

Skyrim is an absolute must. Also Zelda of course!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Another Switch owner here. I have Zelda and Mario Kart 8. I have hammered Mario Kart (offline and online) but I'll be honest, I find Zelda TOO vast! Take from that what you will but, based on the spare couple of hours I have per week, it puts me off getting stuck into a game as big as Zelda! I feel as though I'm wandering aimlessly and any worthwhile objective takes hours. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Can anyone steer me back on track?

I'm thinking of picking up Odyssey in the next couple of weeks. Looking at the releases coming up for 2018, not much takes my fancy to be honest. Though I'm not really a gamer.

With all that said, the console, joycons, graphics, audio, user interface are all very, very nice indeed. I was a Nintendo fan back in the day and this has lived up to my expectation and more.

Any TZUK Mario Kart (or other games) online sessions happening?

Craftsman
    Having had the console since it was released I’d recommend buying games digitally rather than on memory cards. It is so much more convenient to not have to swap cards over.
    Never being quite sure of whether I'll like a game before I play it, and liking the option to sell old games on to fund new ones, is that an option with digital copies? I'd assume not but perhaps you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    Never being quite sure of whether I'll like a game before I play it, and liking the option to sell old games on to fund new ones, is that an option with digital copies? I'd assume not but perhaps you can?
    No. Stick with physical copies in that case. Nintendo games (esp first party ones like Zelda and Mario) tend to hold their value pretty well too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    I'll be honest, I find Zelda TOO vast! Take from that what you will but, based on the spare couple of hours I have per week, it puts me off getting stuck into a game as big as Zelda! I feel as though I'm wandering aimlessly and any worthwhile objective takes hours. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Can anyone steer me back on track?
    Get up somewhere high and look for the shrines (the ones that glow orange with a wavey pattern) or towers (the tall ones with an orange centre line), it's easier to see them at night. Go to these as you can use them as warp points, makes long journeys much easier. Also find a horse and use that, makes some of the distances much easier.
    I agree though a vast, and brilliant, game; have it on the Wii U and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Craftsman
    Yeah its hard to find that perfect console game that is a balance of depth and time spent. Plus, I'm someone who gets addicted to a game very quickly..