closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek Philippe - something different

Hybrid View

Patek Philippe - something different

£25k or best offer for a Patek atomic clock, now that is something different isn’t it?
    It looks pretty ugly but I would not mind it in the workshop!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332524144468

Master
    Versus a free time app on App or Play stores, it looks pretty pricey.

That looks ace, particularly the hifi aesthetic.

Probably someone will buy it then stick a strap on and resell it as a marriage watch

I have seen an electronic Patek Master clock in the flesh at the British Horological institute's museum, and I actually quite like their design, the one in the museum had loads of analog dials and looked very interesting.
    "hifi esthaetic" mentioned above is a good way to describe it, they are very retro hifi. They also remind me of the instrumentation found in outdated control rooms in the process/ Oil & gas industry. It makes them cool in my book!
    Last edited by .olli.; 14th February 2018 at 23:32.

I don't believe that it's an atomic clock - more like some kind of time master source. When the BBC left Bush House in 2012 they sold off a stack of this time equipment; presumably used in their radio studios. Maybe the famous beeps were managed by a Patek Philippe? It's one of my horological regrets that I didn't bid in the auctions at the time; if I remember correctly a lot of these went for something in the region of £1200 plus fees. They were in better cosmetic condition than this one and could have looked reasonable if mounted in a bit of custom walnut, for example.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 15th February 2018 at 12:46.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    if I remember correctly a lot of these went for something in the region of £1200 plus fees.
    That would be a really good price for a very interesting piece of horology! I very much doubt the seller will get near his £25k asking price, but I guess anything vintage and unusual with Patek written on is worth taking a chance from a seller's point of view.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I want one! Ugly is as ugly does and I actually think I would rather look at that than some of the hideous objects that purport to be haut horologie. Perhaps a tad out of my price range though. Hurry up and buy it so I can come and see it

Ps

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Versus a free time app on App or Play stores, it looks pretty pricey.
    You win the award for most pointless & ridiculous post of the year decade internet.

Very cool. The ultimate tool watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk