closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grandad watch

Hybrid View

Grandad watch

Hi guys!

I'm doing this post on behalf of a colleague of mine who wants to know more about this watch that he has received from his grandad.
    Who can tell me roughly how much it's worth and how much would it cost to restore it in tip-top condition?

Last edited by Dankan87; 14th February 2018 at 00:32.

Master
    Much more knowledgeable folk will chip in presently.

It’s difficult to put a value on this without having any idea of the state of the movement. Is it ticking? Is it keeping good time? The marks to the caseback suggest that, at least once in its life, this watch was opened by someone who didn’t have the correct tool.

I’m pretty sure that the 4453 is a manual movement. A decent one, sold by a dealer, would probably be priced around the £500-600 mark.

When you say, “restore to tip-top condition”, what do you mean? At a minimum it would be a full movement service, repair or replace the crystal, and new strap.

Some might also consider refinishing the dial and hands, though for others that would diminish the value of such a watch. If it were mine, I’d avoid refinishing the dial, but I’m a sucker for patina.

I like the dial configuration on this one, with the double marker at 12.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app