After being in denial for the past few months I finally plucked up the courage to get my eyes tested again, I went around 12 months ago and everything was fine then. The optician confirmed what I thought, I need glasses.

If anyone knows about these things (I don’t) :
R : SPH +0.5, CYL -1.25, AXIS 95, NEAR +1.5
L : SPH +0.5, CYL -1.25, AXIS 85, NEAR +1.5

So apparently I need some reading glasses and a different pair for driving, and all this for someone who doesn’t even wear sunglasses very often as I don’t like the way they feel.
Apparently contact lenses aren’t really suitable as I have Astigmatism and dry eyes, so glasses it is then.
I’ve looked around on the internet at all the opticians and online only stores and found a pair I quite like, Oakley Limit Switch, but the high street opticians don’t stock them so it seems I can only purchase these online. Now with never having to order glasses before is it wise to order online ? I don’t know if when you purchase glasses at an opticians they have to make “tweaks” when you go to collect them or if you just collect them and get on with it. Is there any difference in buying from the high street or buying online ?
My other choice, and this might sound like a daft question, I did purchase a pair of sunglasses at the back end of last summer that I do actually like to wear, they are Oakley Tincan Carbon, they’re so light that you don’t even feel like you’re wearing glasses. Will an optician make prescription lenses for these frames ? At least that way I will have some frames that I know I’ll actually like