I know it is nothing special compared to some of the watches on here but I have wanted a Speedmaster moonwatch for the last 20 years. Well today was the day.
It started when I was 20 years old and was flying transatlantic by myself to go and work in the Bahamas. I picked up a book called a man on the moon and read it cover to cover on the flight. I was hooked from that day on on all things space related and in particular the space race of the 1960’s.
At the same time I gained an interest in Swiss watches and of course, due to the space connection, the Speedmaster pro became a dream watch of mine.
A year later my parents bought me a Speedmaster date for my 21st. I was of course very happy about owning a Speedmaster but was always slightly disappointed that it wasn’t a moonwatch (my parents didn’t know the difference).
Anyway 20 years have passed and I have bought and sold many watches but it always seemed the the Speedmaster pro was just out of reach for me (it didn’t help that the price kept increasing).
My Speedmaster pro story comes to an end today (or is it just the start?) as my dream was realised. I never thought I would spend this much on a watch but I had the money so thought why not. You only live once. Right?
I held out for the big box version and am glad I did as it made the whole purchase more of an event.
Well that’s enough talk - let’s get on with the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk