closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BLRO discontinued

Master

BLRO discontinued

Another Rolex thread I know, but maybe of interest to some. Post on forums and confirmed by numerous posters that it’s no longer being produced.

Can’t see a Pepsi in steel so soon, but might open the door for one in a couple of years.
    Maybe this year a coke?
    Something in platinum? Unlikely.
    Green?

Master
    I've always liked that one. Now it's going to be overpriced like every reference the TRF guys ignored prior to discontinuation.

Pity if it's true.
    Having tried one a few times it was always one on my want list, looks like that'll never happen.

Master
    It’s still in their website so may not be true, but a lot of people confirming they’ve been told by AD’s.

Blog Entries
    After only four years? Is it really selling that badly?

If so then it was a significant miscalculation by Rolex to introduce it as PM only.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    After only four years? Is it really selling that badly?

If so then it was a significant miscalculation by Rolex to introduce it as PM only.
    Or clever marketing the preserve the rarity and desirability of pre-owned models, which may persuade the small group of people that actually buy new PM Rolex watches to buy a different, new, watch when its successor is released.

It’s not like they can’t shift enough steel BLNR’s.
    Last edited by carryondentist; 9th February 2018 at 10:43. Reason: spelling

I doubt it.

Been confirmed in the US.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    Good to get some clarity lol

Master
    Blog Entries
    Might mean a new gold sports watch. Gmt got the new case first, so this could be a new steel or gold line to kick it off. New case and new movement?

I bet that bezel single handedly drags a significant amount of custom for the GMT up from buying SS to gold. So my worthless guess is: new movement, same bezel.

Craftsman
    Seems plausible and think the new movement will be making an appearance at Basel. The extra power reserve from my SD43 would be welcome in the GMT and Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    It’s still in their website so may not be true, but a lot of people confirming they’ve been told by AD’s.
    Which means nothing.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

My uninformed prediction:
    Pepsi Steel model will be released at Basel 2020 -> Demand will be crazy / Supply artificially restricted -> Warranty cards will be withheld -> Grey dealers will have one at double retail within a week.
    Last edited by swatch; 9th February 2018 at 10:47.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    Seems plausible and think the new movement will be making an appearance at Basel. The extra power reserve from my SD43 would be welcome in the GMT and Sub.
    Will the new movement fit inside the 40mm models ? It has only appeared in models above 40mm up to now

Both the 3135 and the 3235 are 28.5mm diameter

Master
    If they make a SS model with a Pepsi bezel and a blue dial that would be the mutts nuts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love my current GMT, however the 70hr power reserve would see me flip it I think.

Master
    Power reserve would be the only sensible reason to change. Reliability and precision seem much the same. Which is quite a tribute to the older movements.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    Will the new movement fit inside the 40mm models ? It has only appeared in models above 40mm up to now
    Some version is in the DD40, which is actually more like 39.5mm.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    If they make a SS model with a Pepsi bezel and a blue dial that would be the mutts nuts.
    Fine for Superman/Clark Kent maybe.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I bet that bezel single handedly drags a significant amount of custom for the GMT up from buying SS to gold. So my worthless guess is: new movement, same bezel.
    This seems more plausible to me than cancelling the Pepsi bezel entirely.

Grand Master
    Wouldn’t a Black/Green bezel be amazing!
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Love the sound of that and something I had not considered ! It would be very special IMO but I know green is Marmite to a lot of members.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Norbert

Master
    FWIW its not listed as discontinued on the Rolex extranet where us watchmakers order all the parts. It's usually up to date.

They're very proud of their ability to mix colours on the bezel so I would assume a 3285 calibre version or similar is in the pipeline if anything....

Craftsman

Green

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Love the sound of that and something I had not considered ! It would be very special IMO but I know green is Marmite to a lot of members.

Norbert
    Going by the success of the LV models, green might be marmite on TZ but in the world outside it seems to be a sure fire success for Rolex with there buyers.

There was a mock up of the green/Black bezel gmt a couple of years ago on one of the watch sites and it was stunning. Knocked the Blnr out of the park.

Wait and see what happens at Basel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    By whom? Please tell me not on TRF which seems to be the very last place to go for accurate info... An AD's buyer? I'll believe it when it's yanked from the Rolex website - and it's still showing there with a price tonight!

Master
    When I owned the ceramic LV, the only thing I wasn’t that keen on was the shade of green on the bezel. Would be nice if they could improve that colour if they did a green / Black GMT

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    By whom? Please tell me not on TRF which seems to be the very last place to go for accurate info... An AD's buyer? I'll believe it when it's yanked from the Rolex website - and it's still showing there with a price tonight!
    Wasn’t the old Sea Dweller still showing on the Rolex website last year when the same correct rumours of its demise circulated until Basel ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    Wasn’t the old Sea Dweller still showing on the Rolex website last year when the same correct rumours of its demise circulated until Basel ?
    I'm not sure, but it's pretty meaningless as the DSSD has been rumoured to be killed for ages.

I'm not sure, but it's pretty meaningless as the DSSD has been rumoured to be killed for ages.
    Not meaningless at all. There were posts last year in Jan that the SD4K was discontinued and everyone said “no way/nonsense/according to who?” much the same as now and that turned out to be true.

Master
    They had one at T2 Heathrow today.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Harrods Green?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Harrods Green?
    Please no

The existing green ceramic bezel with black would be cheeky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Grand Master
    http://www.watchprosite.com/page-wf....18/pi-6290188/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    Only meaningful for as long as stock remains or scheduled production run completes.
    In other words, the info being spread by members on another forum could be accurate, but not with immediate effect.
    And with Rolex knowing what they’re making throughout the next 6 months, if not the full 12, then they’ll have co-ordinated production with Baselworld in mind, since such a decision would have been taken well before the end of last year, in all likelihood.
    Announcing this to the AD network in advance of happening makes sense, as it’ll prime them to inform customers the “waiting list” is very long, and try to sell them on an alternative model.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Only meaningful for as long as stock remains or scheduled production run completes.
    In other words, the info being spread by members on another forum could be accurate, but not with immediate effect.
    And with Rolex knowing what they’re making throughout the next 6 months, if not the full 12, then they’ll have co-ordinated production with Baselworld in mind, since such a decision would have been taken well before the end of last year, in all likelihood.
    Announcing this to the AD network in advance of happening makes sense, as it’ll prime them to inform customers the “waiting list” is very long, and try to sell them on an alternative model.
    Have you ever known AD's to have any advance information? They, like 99% of TRF members appear to be last to know anything.

The only one that seems to be ahead of the curve is Rolex Passion Report. They called it with the 50th SD.

Master
    Chances are that not all ADs will inform choice customers about what they’ve been told – it’s very easy for them to feign ignorance.
    So for all we know, they’ve been told the BLRO is EOL, and therefore no new orders will be accepted.
    Like I said before, this gives them the opportunity to switch customer enquiries to another model with a “shorter waiting list”.
    I’d imagine with the value of a Rolex account, you do need advance notice of things which will affect your income stream or number of pieces to be sold in order to maintain AD status.

Equally, Rolex won’t want to give their hand away, so the illusion of the BLRO still being a current model (which strictly speaking it would be), until the website is updated with the new Baselworld releases.
    Now that they’ve embraced an online presence with the revamped website, much like others who dragged their heels for years, they’ll be taking a leaf out of Apple’s playbook, by keeping things under wraps until the event.
    Ironically, it’s the likes of Audemars Piguet and a few other SIHH attendees, who announce what’s coming up to a week before the event, although nothing shows on their website until during or after the event.
    Not sure if one approach is better than the other, but I’d say Rolex took notice of how Apple revealed their new products, and felt a similar method was beneficial for them.

Of course, all that could be pure supposition, but I believe it to be a reasoned and logical viewpoint – only Rolex (and their reps) know with absolute surety.
    Last edited by PJ S; 10th February 2018 at 15:35.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Black green might look good, however I still think the blue/black makes the most sense.

IF it's discontinued I'm guessing on a new movement or even case...
    I can't see them releasing a Pepsi in SS and if they were to release one in platinum, why kill off the Pepsi in WG???

same is being said about the hulk as well

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    same is being said about the hulk as well
    Haven't they said the same thing about that every year since it was launched?