I've been offered a new job and submitted my formal resignation on Friday (all amicable). I'm on 13 weeks notice which takes me into 11th May.

New company are happy to wait but I did advise it may be negotiable.

Current company asking if I want to work my 3 months and do the new company want me any earlier. I'm happy to do so to be honest but open to earlier. I 'think' it may be in my current company's best interest for me to go before end of March (end of financial year). If I was to go before then at their request would I be entitled to my full 13 weeks notice pay? Due to Easter, I wouldn't be able to start the following week so don't want to go without pay. Any earlier may be a struggle due to being away 22-27 March.

Any thoughts? Just want to ensure I don't have a period where I'm not paid. I suppose I'm only thinking this based on a perception of them wanting to me to leave before FY end.

Also - I have a company car. If I leave earlier, would I be entitled to any monies for giving this up before the end of my notice? I'll be carless for a period (new car order)