closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Courier recommendations please?

Master

Courier recommendations please?

Is anyone able to recommend a courier that could transport a (very fragile) ornament from Bexley to Southern Scotland?
    Big ask I know... TIA.

Depends a bit on the value and how well you pack it...

Most of the "next day" couriers I know will "trunk" it so goes on multiple lorries - can put "do not machine" on TNT and we have shipped breakables by them but it is only really packaging that saves them.

If it is valuable enough see if a local courier firm will do a door to door quote (so stays on one vehicle) or can recommend someone. Removal firms could be a possibility - particularly if not in a hurry so could move with another job for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends a bit on the value and how well you pack it...

Most of the "next day" couriers I know will "trunk" it so goes on multiple lorries - can put "do not machine" on TNT and we have shipped breakables by them but it is only really packaging that saves them.

If it is valuable enough see if a local courier firm will do a door to door quote (so stays on one vehicle) or can recommend someone. Removal firms could be a possibility - particularly if not in a hurry so could move with another job for you.

Blog Entries
    If it's really valuable and fragile a same day courier is the answer. It's not cheap but one guy collects it and delivers it. No chucking around in vans.
    Or take your chance with all the other parcels really. Not many other options I'm afraid.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    If it's really valuable and fragile a same day courier is the answer. It's not cheap but one guy collects it and delivers it. No chucking around in vans.
    Or take your chance with all the other parcels really. Not many other options I'm afraid.
    Royal mail.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app