closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Couple of nice watches on the plane back from my hols

Couple of nice watches on the plane back from my hols

Just been on my hols and against the normal approach I took 5 watches with me (though only wore 3, with the PRS18Q on orange isofrane getting most of the action).

Whilst away I did stop by a miniature shopping centre where Piaget, JLC, Breitling, Audemars Piguet, Hublot, Chopard, IWC and Tag Heuer were all on sale but thankfully I did so on a Sunday when the shops were all shut.

But as a little treat on the way home last night there was a nice steel Daytona being worn and much to my delight, a 1980's Tag Heuer 1000M Super Pro.

As I was getting off the plane, I mentioned to the chap with the Heuer that it was lovely and rare to see a 1000M Super Pro these days. He of course looked at me like I had 2 heads, but hey ho, it was lovely to see being worn. I was just disappointed that my 1000M Super Pro wasn't one of the 5 I had with me :-(

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s interesting that many people we see with nice/unusual watches have actually no interest in them at all.

Probably had it since new and its just watch to him, hence his strange look.

Not everyone with an interesting/expensive watch is a WIS.

I've only ever commented on one person's watch in the 'wild', and that was a Rolex with a blue-grey bezel and domed crystal on a plane back from holiday, which I was admiring from afar for much of the flight. I mentioned my envy to the chap, who immediately showed it off and explained it was a 5512 and gave a bit of its history.

It looked truly superb with that crystal and bezel, even at a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    It’s interesting that many people we see with nice/unusual watches have actually no interest in them at all.

Probably had it since new and its just watch to him, hence his strange look.

Not everyone with an interesting/expensive watch is a WIS.
    Pretty much my thinking - I'm sure the chap with the Daytona would have had more interest in his watch, if for no other reason that it was most likely a newer purchase.

I was intending to speak to Heuer man again at baggage reclaim if the opportunity arose (in an attempt to appear like less of a lunatic), but the only time I saw him again was in the gents toilets and I felt that a conversation there just wouldn't go well.

I once saw a guy on a beach wearing a vintage Speedmaster (might have been an ed white)
    He jumped straight in the sea with out a care in the world. I did comment on his watch in the bar and asked if he was worried about it leaking. As far as he was concerned it was just a watch and it had not leaked since he bought it years ago so why would it start now. I did try to explain but he thought I was strange enough anyway so gave up.