closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking forward to getting my first Casio

Master

Looking forward to getting my first Casio

Just purchased a cheap Casio from Amazon and the strange thing is I'm really looking forward to receiving it now, having recently got back into my Sea Fishing after a short lay off I thought it may not be a bad idea to get a cheap Watch for clambering aroung on Scottish and Welsh rock marks and not to mention the abrasiveness of the Sand against a Steel Watch (really talked myself into this didn't I) but at Just over £18 delivered you can't grumble

The Watch reference is MRW-200H-1BVES

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Banned
    A fellow watch nut I knew got one of these and really liked it. Not my cup of tea but he was happy with it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    A fellow watch nut I knew got one of these and really liked it. Not my cup of tea but he was happy with it.
    I'm sure I saw a heads up on here about this particular Watch James, anyway according to Amazon tracking it arrives Friday so looking forward to seeing it in the flesh so to speak

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Nice, can't go wrong with Casio.

Craftsman
    Cheap as chips, last forever. I honestly don't think you can beat them.

I've had one of those as a knockackout beater & running watch for a few years...changed the battery myself with a small screwdriver...been totally faultless and I like the look of it...superb

Love my Casio’s as well. It’s on amazon under £15 at the minute. Super bargain

Journeyman
    Hmmm been looking for a cheap work watch with a dial rather than digital, this might fit the bill

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Well if it arrives on Friday as scheduled it might make an appearance on the Friday thread, who knows!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I've got this watch, it's my beater and has been ridiculously sturdy and reliable for what it cost. I was thinking of doing a mini review of it just to give it the credit it deserves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I've got this watch, it's my beater and has been ridiculously sturdy and reliable for what it cost. I was thinking of doing a mini review of it just to give it the credit it deserves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should do the review, I looked at some of the G-shocks but the ones I looked at were on the big side

Master
    Cool - just ordered one for my son as his last one stopped working the day.

He wanted the blue/black one - should be here tomorrow.

Master
    Another satisfied customer here. Bought as a holiday watch for £15 about five years ago.
    Accuracy is about 2 seconds a month , size is great (around 40mm I think) and it's light as a feather. Lume isn't up to much but I wasn't fussed about that.

Cheers
    Neil

My first Casio was strapped to the handle bar of my enduro and took a real beating but never gave up.

My wife bought me a G-Shock for Christmas which I now use daily. It’s the G-steel and not TOO big.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Cheap as chips, last forever. I honestly don't think you can beat them.
    If more folks wore authentic Casio G-Shocks rather than chasing down the latest Rolex, we might have a better world from the standpoint of curtailing pretentiousness and a certain aura of perceived arrogance.

The key of course is to purchase a real Casio rather than a fake one as discussed in another thread. While volume sales is often the key to any successful business endeavor, hawking fake Casios represents the lowest of the low.
    Last edited by Bannon; 13th February 2018 at 20:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    My first Casio was strapped to the handle bar of my enduro and took a real beating but never gave up.

My wife bought me a G-Shock for Christmas which I now use daily. It’s the G-steel and not TOO big.

What case diameter is that one out of interest Dave?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    If more folks wore authentic Casio G-Shocks rather than chasing down the latest Rolex, we might have a better world from the standpoint of curtailing pretentiousness blah blah
    If you think this solves world problems, good luck with your outlook on life.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    If you think this solves world problems, good luck with your outlook on life.
    It won't solve any world problems but it might make everyday life a bit more more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    What case diameter is that one out of interest Dave?

I’m not sure exactly but it’s around 42mm

I’m not a fan of big watches but this is not too big, certainly not massive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’m not sure exactly but it’s around 42mm

I’m not a fan of big watches but this is not too big, certainly not massive.
    Yes agree, it certainly looks a good wearable size on your Wrist.

Yes agree, it certainly looks a good wearable size on your Wrist.

For reference, my GMT on my wrist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    It won't solve any world problems but it might make everyday life a bit more more palatable.
    Please explain how before getting back under the bridge.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Please explain how before getting back under the bridge.
    Rolex has become an ostentatious watch brand symbolizing luxury and success. For some but not all, this perspective often equates to an air of self-serving arrogance.

Back in the 4-digit model days, an SS Rolex was just a rugged and dependable $300.00-$400.00 watch and esoteric at best. Today at roughly $10K+ the Rolex brand has taken on an entirely new meaning and significance. It is now a symbol of having arrived. To where, I haven't the foggiest.

Well I haven’t arrived anywhere; it’s just a watch!
    As is my Casio!

Craftsman
    Ahh....the Rolex and what sort of owner they attract questions start again. Such fun.

I covet a few brands watches but mainly a Jaeger LeCoultre Master, did you know that makes me a super fellow? The world is a better place for me doing so too.

Master
    Well the Casio turned up today and I must say I'm quite impressed for the money, even the packaging is better than I expected, Amazon delivery was as good as usual and turned up as I popped home for some lunch (second time that's happened) so all in all very happy, hope the day and dates not a bad omen what was set when it first arrived :)
    20180216_120646.jpg

Master
    The TZ mobile app won't let me post the Wrist shot I have taken, so I would like to ask everyone to contain their excitement until I can post this amazing pic

Master
    Wrist shot

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Master
    That looks pretty good. I've got one of these from the 'classic collection': http://www.casio.co.uk/products/time...v=MW-240-1BVEF

It's pretty comfortable even on the cheap rubber strap it came on (plus I like how the strap flares out to integrate with the case, despite being 18mm width), light as anything so you hardly know it's there, and easy to read (excepting there's no lume so useful in low light or the dark). And cost me a grand total of about £11 I think when I bought it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    That looks pretty good. I've got one of these from the 'classic collection': http://www.casio.co.uk/products/time...v=MW-240-1BVEF

It's pretty comfortable even on the cheap rubber strap it came on (plus I like how the strap flares out to integrate with the case, despite being 18mm width), light as anything so you hardly know it's there, and easy to read (excepting there's no lume so useful in low light or the dark). And cost me a grand total of about £11 I think when I bought it!
    That looks like another nice little practical Watch for the money Andy, specially if your not s fan of s divers bezel

Master
    That looks like another nice little practical Watch for the money Andy, specially if your not a fan of s divers bezel
    Oh I'm a fan of divers watches, just not so much day-date windows! And I think when I bought it I'd just flipped a Damasko DA36 so wanted something in a similar style but without the price tag! Certainly there's a lot in the 'classic' range that appeals anyway, and all at really affordable prices!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Oh I'm a fan of divers watches, just not so much day-date windows! And I think when I bought it I'd just flipped a Damasko DA36 so wanted something in a similar style but without the price tag! Certainly there's a lot in the 'classic' range that appeals anyway, and all at really affordable prices!
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of day-date watches either, but it kinda didn't matter on this one

Master
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of day-date watches either, but it kinda didn't matter on this one
    Yeah, they are so cheap it's hardly a deal breaker! Looks great :)