Hi All,

Apart from some sympathy, I'm after a bit of help here please!

I had my 2010 RR Vogue SE 3.6 V8 serviced at my authorised RR dealer 2 weeks ago.
It has been faultless for some 50k+ miles and regularly serviced by RR.

Upon picking it up and reversing off their forecourt, I noticed the reverse camera wasn't working.
I flagged this, and we also discovered that the tv, sat nat and phone pairing all wasn't working.

Being at the end of the day, we agreed that I'd take it back at the weekend, for further investigative work.
During the week, I lost my fuel gauge.

Both of these were looked into at the weekend, resulting in:
1. TV - you need a new TV module, or we can install a prism to bypass the TV and this will give you phone connectivity and sat nav.
2. Fuel gauge - you need a new sender unit, or we can clean up the old one and this may work, but still may need replacing in the future.

For speed and as they didn't have the parts on the day, we went with the prism bypass so that I have sat nav., and we went with the cleaned up sender unit.

Now, 3-4 days later, my car goes into 'limp mode' and is showing a gear fix fault.
The RAC detected the fault code to U2023, and couldn't clear it.

So it's back at the authorised RR dealer today, and I'm awaiting the latest in the saga since their servicing on the car.

So does anyone have a similar experience to any of the above, or know what the U2023 code may be?

Thanks, Steve