closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: xbox one game suggestion for adults

Master

xbox one game suggestion for adults

My son has an xbox one - and I don't much fancy his games (Plants vs Zombies anyone). I'd like to give it a go - any suggestions for a late 40s bloke?

Master
    Lots of good shooters but on the Xbox exclusively you get Halo. All of them are worth playing number 5 is the weakest.

Skyrim and Fallout 4.

GTA V

The Witcher series.

Mass Effect games.

Far Cry 4

Wolfenstein

Doom

Master
    Some of the best games have already happened but to add to the list above give Red Dead Redemption a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    Some of the best games have already happened but to add to the list above give Red Dead Redemption a go.
    Without doubt the greatest game ever produced.. can't wait for the new one.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    You need to say what type of game you like. Driving, shooter, rpg, looter, puzzle etc. There are great games in all categories both exclusive to Xbox and not.

Madness and mayhem combined with some neat driving/flying challenges has me playing GTA 5 long after completing the story game and levelling up on the online game. A new contender is Battlefield 1, which my son and I play online most weekends before the rest of the house wakes up.

Craftsman
    PUBG or Fortnite if you fancy online play.

Craftsman
    This is very timely as my kids have just bought an xbox.

I don't like violent games or killing things. What other games are good?

Master
    Any of the lego games. We bought the first one for our five year old son, but now we are addicted to them ourselves and play for hours once he's in bed. They are challenging fun and funny at the same time and the gameplay has a little bit of everything from straight up fighting baddies through to strategy and problem solving.

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    Any of the lego games. We bought the first one for our five year old son, but now we are addicted to them ourselves and play for hours once he's in bed. They are challenging fun and funny at the same time and the gameplay has a little bit of everything from straight up fighting baddies through to strategy and problem solving.
    I got Lego dimensions for ours (when the starter kits and packs were on offer pre Xmas), I occasionally have to help.

Check CEX, GAME and hot deals as a lot of those listed are likely to be on offer so you can try them for alot less than the full price when first released.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    I got Lego dimensions for ours (when the starter kits and packs were on offer pre Xmas), I occasionally have to help.

Check CEX, GAME and hot deals as a lot of those listed are likely to be on offer so you can try them for alot less than the full price when first released.
    Funnily enough I haven’t actually tried the dimensions games yet. So far we’ve done Jurassic world, the hobbit and marvel superheroes one and two. Lego worlds next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still playing far Cry 4 myself. Fun making maps. COD WW2. Star Wars ( whatever latest one is)

Master
    Only games I still enjoy are Splinter Cell(s)...

Gears of war - the first one is a classic

It’s great to play online - a bit mundane on your own

Fifa is addictive
    WWE games are great fun and a good bonding with your son

If you want to get the whole family involved, try Overcooked. By involved I mean arguing.

World of Tanks. It's a perfect game for older folks as you don't need lightning controller reflexes to be competitive. A single game only takes between 5 and 15 minutes so you can dip in and out of it at will. Best of all, it's free (you can pay for faster advancement but it's really not needed at the lower levels), so you might as well give it a shot!

Craftsman
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - still a classic to play online

Halo series,
    Splinter Cell Series, (you can Ghost the levels without hurting anyone if you like),
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, (Use tranquilisers or ghost areas),
    Rise of the Tomb Raider,
    Fallout 4 and Skyrim,
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag,
    Deus Ex Mankind Divided (Ghost too)...

Been a gamer for many, many years.

If you want something that's both a little tricky, smart and has an utterly brilliant narrative, get The Last of Us.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Been a gamer for many, many years.

If you want something that's both a little tricky, smart and has an utterly brilliant narrative, get The Last of Us.
    Agree, cracking game, but sadly Playstation exclusive as with much of the Naughty Dog stuff (Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot etc).

I'm a shooting and racing kind of guy but as there's been plenty of those suggested so far, some thinkier independent stuff includes The Witness, Braid, Limbo, Fez.....and then of course there's Portal and Portal 2.

My personal favourites are Metro, Sniper elite (3 and 4), the latest watchdogs and just cause 3

The thing I like in all of these is the ability to break out of story mode at any time, then rejoin the linear play when I feel like it.

Some days you just want to drive, some days only killing stuff willl do, right?

Craftsman
    I like to stay a couple of years behind the new releases, keeps it cheap.

Fallout 4 is amazing. Could take over your life for a bit though.

DOOM is an easy, switch off and blast through/reminisce but with fantastic visuals.

Halo master chief collection has the best bang for buck into that series, I think 4 games in one.

For open world games shadow of mordor/mad Max/dragon age inquisition all rate well.

Give Destiny a miss, the £4 price tag hides the fact you have to buy a lot of the extra missions as DLC.

If you like RTS then I really enjoyed Halo Wars.

And Lego for the kids, star wars original trilogy is backwards compatible I believe and still one of the best imo.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app