closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Absolutely massive Seiko

Master

Absolutely massive Seiko

I popped into the Seiko boutique and tried this on today because why not? 47mm across and 17mm thick. Not good pictures I'm afraid but some scale with the snowflake. It might be stupidly large but I rather liked it!

FYI, my wrists are about 7.25 inches at a guess

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Parabola; 1st February 2018 at 14:30.

Blog Entries
    Nah, still a bit small. ;-)

Craftsman
    That is a whopper. Did it feel as big as it looks?

Quote Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
    One has to wonder whether you've used that line before...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
    No, it was rather comfortable. Very nice bracelet and titanium means the weight wasn't excessive. It looks worse in the pictures; I actually think I could just about wear it daily without feeling stupid - it's no bigger than some of the larger Panerai (I think it is slightly smaller than the PAM305). Nevertheless, it could do with being a tad smaller. The SBEX001 and SBEX005, which are basically the Prospex versions of this watch are 1mm wider and a frankly ludicrous 2.7mm thicker! WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Haha, overheard at the urinals!

EDIT: should mention also.. 10 grand!

I just need some rich fool to stump up retail for one and stick it on the SC for £4k. Might buy it then
    Last edited by Parabola; 1st February 2018 at 15:11.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Very good.

I suppose the titanium makes a big difference. Definitely easier to wear without the extra weight

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    No, it was rather comfortable. Very nice bracelet and titanium means the weight wasn't excessive. It looks worse in the pictures; I actually think I could just about wear it daily without feeling stupid - it's no bigger than some of the larger Panerai (I think it is slightly smaller than the PAM305). Nevertheless, it could do with being a tad smaller. The SBEX001 and SBEX005, which are basically the Prospex versions of this watch are 1mm wider and a frankly ludicrous 2.7mm thicker! WTF
    One not on sizes - lug to lug makes a massive difference on these larger diameter watches. Panerais tend to have quite short lugs which helps with the wearability. This Seiko isn't too bad which must aid the effect.

Its an impressive watch in the flesh, but too rich for my budget and not really the type of watch i go for.

Now that's a door knob magnetic if ever there was.

Very good looking too, in my opinion. Really like the dial and the case shape, and being a GS you know the finishing will be exquisite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting increasingly tempted by the Snowflake, but have yet to see one in the flesh, so a trip to the boutique is likely needed.

Slightly OT, but how was your experience there? I don't mean champagne and all that jazz, just in terms of staff knowledge and general atmosphere.

Craftsman
    The dial on that 47mm diver looks shockingly bad quality. I'm a million miles away from being a Grand Seiko expert, but I thought it was a fake.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I'm getting increasingly tempted by the Snowflake, but have yet to see one in the flesh, so a trip to the boutique is likely needed.

Slightly OT, but how was your experience there? I don't mean champagne and all that jazz, just in terms of staff knowledge and general atmosphere.
    I really like it in there. They're always really happy to let you look at whatever you want. I even wore a Credor Eichi II last time I was in there, which is the best part of £60k and they offered the chance to have a play with the £375k Fugaku, which I turned down because I was in a rush and scared of dropping it.

Staff seem to know their stuff, certainly the guy (Ali) I was speaking to today did.

They also carry a load of JDM stuff, like that divers watch I tried today, but also the JDM Snowflake with the gold hands

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartC View Post
    The dial on that 47mm diver looks shockingly bad quality. I'm a million miles away from being a Grand Seiko expert, but I thought it was a fake.
    Quality of picture I suspect. In real life it was very nice indeed

I really like it in there. They're always really happy to let you look at whatever you want. I even wore a Credor Eichi II last time I was in there, which is the best part of £60k and they offered the chance to have a play with the £375k Fugaku, which I turned down because I was in a rush and scared of dropping it.

Staff seem to know their stuff, certainly the guy (Ali) I was speaking to today did.

They also carry a load of JDM stuff, like that divers watch I tried today, but also the JDM Snowflake with the gold hands
    Great to hear, thank you.

I have never actually been to an AD, for any half decent watch brand. Only ever bought through distance selling from online jewellers and forum members etc. so I must say I am somewhat reticent about being in an environment where I know I won't be buying one due to the pretty hefty discounts available elsewhere for the exact same items (albeit not the JDM versions, probably), and am only there to see which models actually work on my wrist. I'm sure they're aware that that is often the case, and it still results in a sale of a GS somewhere, so it's no bad thing, but part of me feels a bit 'freeloadery' for doing so!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Great to hear, thank you.

I have never actually been to an AD, for any half decent watch brand. Only ever bought through distance selling from online jewellers and forum members etc. so I must say I am somewhat reticent about being in an environment where I know I won't be buying one due to the pretty hefty discounts available elsewhere for the exact same items (albeit not the JDM versions, probably), and am only there to see which models actually work on my wrist. I'm sure they're aware that that is often the case, and it still results in a sale of a GS somewhere, so it's no bad thing, but part of me feels a bit 'freeloadery' for doing so!
    Never say never, the Seiko AD does some of the cheaper bits also, you could easily end up buying a PADI with a reasonable discount if you were so inclined. The prices are a bit odd, some things don't look too expensive (not much more than a grey dealer, but with the added benefit that a deal is to be had - they're not selling SS Rolex sports watches and they know it). But some things are comically expensive

An example is the MM300, which is a faintly ridiculous £3,000, but then the Springdrive Landmaster is quite close to the grey dealers from memory.

Master
    Rubbish picture but here is the Eichi from last time

Very good looking piece but very large on the wrist. Looks like a hockey puck.

I am done with watches above 40-42mil.

Never say never, the Seiko AD does some of the cheaper bits also, you could easily end up buying a PADI with a reasonable discount if you were so inclined. The prices are a bit odd, some things don't look too expensive (not much more than a grey dealer, but with the added benefit that a deal is to be had - they're not selling SS Rolex sports watches and they know it). But some things are comically expensive

An example is the MM300, which is a faintly ridiculous £3,000, but then the Springdrive Landmaster is quite close to the grey dealers from memory.
    Very good point; thank you kindly for sharing your experiences.

Master

Stunning.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Now that's a knob magnetic if ever there was.
    : )

Now that is class. Isn’t that the II?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Now that is class. Isn’t that the II?
    Certainly

How much is that lovely Credor, and do they discount?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    How much is that lovely Credor, and do they discount?
    It was £56,000 and they're all sold globally as far as I know. No discounts on anything there.

It really was lovely, but that is a huge hunk of cash

Edit to say that they're not limited but they only make 20 per year

Last edited by Parabola; 4th March 2018 at 19:59.