closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Infrared heating panels - any experiences or knowledge?

Infrared heating panels - any experiences or knowledge?

I live in an old house, and as such there are a few colder spots, particularly if we get a really cold snap. I really am keen to avoid the hassle of floors up and extending the central heating system if possible.

My attention has been drawn to these very slimline wall-mountable infrared heating panels that can just be switched on an off as required. Apprently they don't heat the air, but heat the structure of the building.

I know nothing about them, or if they work well etc. It seems easy to get them at all different sizes, so could be an easy and quick solution for me.

Any experiences or knowledge welcome!
    So clever my foot fell off.

Was a thread on these a while back, not much in it, but may help

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...light=Infrared

I'm the OP of the thread Brighty linked to. I didn't get a panel in the end although have been thinking about it again recently and contacted Herschel who seem to be one of the major players. One question I asked was about how instantly you could expect to feel heat from the panel if you were stood right next to it - I was going to mount one on the ceiling above the kitchen table in the hope I could put it on when the kids sat down for breakfast to keep them warmer in the otherwise coolish kitchen. Unfortunately the answer wasn't what I was expecting and they said it would take between 20 to 30 minutes before you would feel anything. I think they must work in a slightly different way to what I was expecting.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Paul.

I can’t comment on the panels but we recently have started fitting infrared underfloor heating in some of our projects.
    It comes in mat form like what you would fit in a bathroom,but instead of just heating the surface it heats the whole room at the same time,we’ve taken all the radiators out of some rooms and just fitted this and all the feed back as been good.
    Obviously it’s not what your after but if it works in the same way ,I’ve only heard positive things and it’s supposed to be cheap to run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk