closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerts you’ve missed/not attended

Ooh... another one,
    Offered tickets for the Bunnymen in 84 on Ocean Rain tour... no thanks.

Have seen them many times since but would really loved to have seen them before Pete de Freitas was killed...

Master
    Mercury Rev, Pavement and dEUS played some shows together in the summer of 1994. My 3 favourite bands at the time. Dublin date was cancelled around a week before it was due to happen. Gutted!

Also, the modern classical group Rachel's were touring their album Music for Egon Schiele in 2000. Issues at Heathrow meant their flight to Dublin was cancelled. Gutted again!

Master
    So many where I've looked at the act and thought - 'Nah'. So Metallica on their way up esp the 'Justice for All' tour when they still played theatres. Foo Fighters on their way up - too big/expensive now. Queen on Night at the Opera tour. They played 2 x shows on the same night (6pm/9pm) and I got school friends tickets for the free trade hall, side circle. This was the tour when Bohemian Rhapsody would be the single. Madonna at The Hacienda. U2 on their way up and same with the Police. They all played at Mcr Uni or The Apollo plkus I could have travelled to Liverpool/Leeds/Sheffield etc and they were cheaper back in the day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    TRex must be 30 or 40 years back.
    Marc Bolan died 41 years ago!

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Marc Bolan died 41 years ago!

Well there you go, it was a very long time ago, time flies and waits for no man. I didn't realise it must be that far back !!. The concerts were over the same weekend as I remember, Friday and Saturday maybe. Another one I wish I had seen was Gary Moore as well.

Stuart
    Last edited by cinnabull; 12th February 2018 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Knebworth 1979 - Led Zeppelin.

Only 14 at the time but I had already been to a few concerts with a friend and his older brother who was deemed a responsible adult by my parents. Friends older brother couldn't make it and my parents decided I couldn't go on my own. I still haven't forgiven them!

Cheers,
    Gary
    I went to both shows...Gary did you ever speak to your parents again?

I passed on tickets to see Lynard Skynyrd at Hammersmith Odeon 1978, turn down going to see Led Zeppelin over Europe 1980, mislaid my ticket for Be Bop Delux 'Axe Victim Tour' found it a couple of days later. The Who at Charlton 1974 just could not be asked to queue for a ticket. Missed Foo Fighters at Reading 1995 asleep in my tent! The worst one...

My mate rang me and said Pearl Jam are playing in the Southend Esplanade 1992 tonight...its a secret gig, your on the guest list! I had a mind slide and did not go!!! Audience was around 200 although 20,000 say they were there!

Master
    The only I ever missed that had tickets for was Gabrielle in Dundee about 18 years ago as a quick house move to the other end of the UK happened between buying the tickets and the concert date.

Master
    Missed AC/DC a few years ago when they were playing a stadium gig in London (had seen them at the O2 earlier in the year) - couldn't go as we had a wedding to attend the next day which was miles away.

Wife convinced me to sell the tickets (might even have sold them here) so that we could get to the wedding easily - turns out that even she wishes we'd gone to see AC/DC instead and just risked getting there late/tired the next day.

Craftsman
    Only just seen this thread...and my story still brings me out in a cold sweat thinking about it.

As a poor first year university student I had a ticket to the original Live Aid but was working a summer job in a wood mill in north Wales and didn't have the cash to get back to London. I sent the ticket SD to my mum to give to my best mate, but he couldn't go either...so not one, but two people missed the one concert!

On the flip side, I have an unused, mint Live Aid ticket with stub as an appreciating asset...Ł25 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Had tickets for Hammersmith Odeon for David Bowies last show as Ziggy before he retired him.

A slight altercation with the law meant I missed it.
    LOL - I was there!

You missed a pretty good night.......

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Had tickets for Hammersmith Odeon for David Bowies last show as Ziggy before he retired him.

A slight altercation with the law meant I missed it.
    Take a look at the lawman beating up the wrong guy.
    Last edited by Thewatchbloke; 13th February 2018 at 17:04.

Let me think;
    Marvin Gaye Hammersmith Odeon 1981
    Iggy Pop Brixton Academy 1982
    Michael Jackson this is it tour- not my fault!

Master
    This would have been my first gig - The Cult on the Love tour in 1985, annoyingly I had glandular fever, I tried to go but bottled it 400 yards from the venue as I felt I'd get flattened in 5 minutes, probably a great first gig with mates, but not on your own with glandular fever aged 16.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I missed tickets for The Prodigy for their now legendary gig at Brixton Academy in 1997, I was gutted having not long moved to London, it would have beeen my first London gig,

around a month later, a Sound and Lighting company I ended up doing a lot of work for hired me as a Warehouse Tech, during one of my chats with Mike, the Owner I mentioned that I really wanted to be a Monitor Engineer, to then progress to front of house as No1, on gigs etc. and go off touring while I still had the time and was single,

he thought is was a great idea, as they lacked in house engineers, as most were subbed in.

to give me the experience he decided to let me go out on gigs with the monitor engineer to help set up, and operate at quite points or if there was an issue on stage.

the first of many gigs I was sent out to was, yep wait for it, was The Prodigy at Brixton Academy,

to this day, after seeing and working 100's of gigs, there is not a Concert that has came close to that evening, and I feel honored to have shared it with those who were there.

if anyone here was at that gig, let me know, I honestly cannot put it into words how amazing it was.

Master
    The Editors. I won tickets a few years back to a small private gig. I was ill and couldn’t attend.

I went on to see them live a year or so later and just know the private gig would have been something special.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    U2 @ Stafford Bingley Hall, early 80s. Had tickets but couldn't be bothered.

Craftsman
    Decided not to see The Prodigy in the early days on their Experience tour in 1992 at Plymouth Pavilions..... chose to see W.A.S.P instead..... deep regret