closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Replace Pepsi bezel insert with black?

Craftsman

Replace Pepsi bezel insert with black?

Has anyone replaced the Pepsi bezel insert on his watch with a black one? I purchased a Seiko SHC033 (quartz variant of SKX009) but I am not bonding with the Pepsi insert. I am wondering if having a black bezel insert would change it to more of black looking watch. The dial is dark blue.

Master
    Blog Entries

Yer

Yer that works quite well also done that with blue dialled Tudor snowflake.

Craftsman
    A black bezel makes it a little more “serious” tool watch. Here’s a quick snap of the watch.

(Yes, wearing it on a 20mm strap today - 22mm lugs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Pretty sure cousins still sell the complete bezel for these, I have a black bezel version myself. Not cheap though but better than stuffing on AM parts! Also these have a curve to them so OE would be best.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Pretty sure cousins still sell the complete bezel for these, I have a black bezel version myself. Not cheap though but better than stuffing on AM parts! Also these have a curve to them so OE would be best.
    Actually, the auction site has OEM parts. The bezel itself seems fine on the one I have so I was just looking for the insert.

The black dial/bezel insert would be my first choice, and maybe I’ll still be able to find one. But the Pepsi version popped up and I thought it was worth a try.

The watch is pretty cool. Thinner lugs and case than the SKX 009 and for a 42mm watch it wears very comfortably on a small wrist, AKA, mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Well Seiko never sold inserts on their own as far as I know so I’d take care with that. The parts houses certainly only sell them complete with the bezel.

I’m assuming you mean the ones in clear packets with the blue card top? They’ll be Feiko

Craftsman
    hmmm... seems like you are 101% correct about that - Feiko (good one). The parts list doesn't list a bezel insert apart fromt he bezel. And Cousins does sell the bezel with insert as 1 part. Many thx for the heads up.
    I also tried for a black dial (why not?) but Cousins doesn't list that. :)

Craftsman
    Wait a second. I may have condemned the ebay sellers by mistake.
    I contacted a couple of them, one in Netherlands and one in France. Both gave professional replies. And one told me that they did not see my contact details in their customer database. They have a registration requirement like Cousins and Boley.
    I looked more carefully at the pic of the insert they are selling and it can now see that it does include the bezel, exactly what Cousins sells.
    I asked each of them about a part that Cousins doesn’t show in a Search and received a reply that that part is no longer available from Seiko. If they were AM sellers you would think they would offer the part regardless.
    And their prices are not cheap like AM prices generally are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk