closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold vs stainless steel rolexes

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I don't think they really look similar at all. The blue sub above this comment is clearly more yellow than then explorer 2 that's next to it.
    They don’t look that way next to each other to me.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrlx View Post
    Ohhh! That is rather nice.
    Love this YM

wish i had the balls to buy one

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They don’t look that way next to each other to me.
    They don't irl either.
    Potentially the yg from the tt is casting a yellow light in the photo. Certainly a little on the blro.

Master
    I think (as this thread proves) Stainless Steel is always 'in', Gold comes and goes.
    Like it or not fashion dictates demand, if you're smart you can get ahead of the curve.
    But beware the Emporer's new clothes !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    As someone else said before on this forum as I get older I appreciate PM watches much more than I did when I was younger
    I would love to add a gold Daytona to my collection - only money holding me back

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Yes, you've hit the nail on the head there, I think - luxury goods, by their definition, often don't make much logical sense. Personally, I still look for some semblance of 'value for money', but often it's tricky.

More that the Brands make it expensive because of the 'fanciness' quotient (for want of a better phrase) - so platinum, for instance, is often seen as the premium model, and priced as such to reflect exclusivity (above & beyond the actual additional cost to use platinum over SS). It's a bit like the 'Carlsberg' adverts - 'Reassuringly Expensive'.

This 'Quill & Pad' article ('Here’s Why: Stainless Steel Is The Most Precious Metal') is quite interesting on this topic: http://quillandpad.com/2016/12/18/he...recious-metal/
    This is a very interesting article and it does make quite a few good points, however durability shouldn't be measured by resistance to knocks and bumps. Wouldnt' a gold or platinum watch be more resistant to corrosion? A PM vintage sub would offer much better water resistance than their corroded stainless steel cousins.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tyC View Post
    This is a very interesting article and it does make quite a few good points, however durability shouldn't be measured by resistance to knocks and bumps. Wouldnt' a gold or platinum watch be more resistant to corrosion? A PM vintage sub would offer much better water resistance than their corroded stainless steel cousins.
    yup (not that mine ever sees water)

Quote Originally Posted by tyC View Post
    I thought the article was crap. Despite banging on for about four thousand words, all the writer did was tediously repeat his unsubstantiated opinion that all white metals look the same while sprinkling in spurious flakes of information and misinformation that he clearly didn't understand.

The guy seriously needs an editor; he's almost as unreadable as Ariel Adams.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post

The guy seriously needs an editor; he's almost as unreadable as Ariel Adams.
    That's hard to believe.