closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Richemont Woes

Richemont Woes

It's quite interesting how they protect the brand and perhaps explains the limited numbers of some Rolex Models.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business...buyback-policy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Journeyman
    I don’t follow a connection to Rolex?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.d View Post
    I don’t follow a connection to Rolex?
    Rolex decides at the start of the year to make a certain amount of watches, and then sticks to it. They certainly produce less than demand, so sales remain high and 2nd hand values also remain high. Scarcity adds to the exclusivity too (If there is such a thing with Rolex).

If you flood the market with watches, people can just walk into a shop and demand 50% off as the dealer needs to get rid, which cheapens your brand and lowers margins for the AD.

Rolex truly is king of distribution (Annoyingly).

Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    Rolex decides at the start of the year to make a certain amount of watches, and then sticks to it. They certainly produce less than demand, so sales remain high and 2nd hand values also remain high. Scarcity adds to the exclusivity too (If there is such a thing with Rolex).

If you flood the market with watches, people can just walk into a shop and demand 50% off as the dealer needs to get rid, which cheapens your brand and lowers margins for the AD.

I don't think they do decide at the beginning of the year.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I don't think they do decide at the beginning of the year.
    It's my understanding that after speaking with an AD, this is the case (Tim from Govberg has also mentioned this). It's why we're seeing the drought from pre-December of Rolex sports because Rolex hit their predefined allocations and then stopped manufacturing.

Master
    It's my understanding that after speaking with an AD, this is the case (Tim from Govberg has also mentioned this). It's why we're seeing the drought from pre-December of Rolex sports because Rolex hit their predefined allocations and then stopped manufacturing.

They take all the orders at Baselworld so it's after that they plan production.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    They take all the orders at Baselworld so it's after that they plan production.
    Sounds logical as I suppose it's easy to forget that its a trade show above all things.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Richemont Woes

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    It's quite interesting how they protect the brand and perhaps explains the limited numbers of some Rolex Models.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business...buyback-policy
    I wonder what they mean by the watches are “recycled” - I imagine that means the movements and cases get used again? Or would that be a no - no for hyper luxury brands such as VC, and it simply means the materials such as the steel and precious metals are melted down and re-used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this until I went to India last year and tried on hulk, subs and SD in the first AD I went into. I cant understand if demand there is lower, in which case you would anticipate that supply would be lower, or if waiting lists wouldn't be tolerated or if its just a matter of Rolex not having a handle on that market. It was very odd.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

or fakes, to fill the gap.