closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me get published?

Done.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Done.

Craftsman
    Done, best of luck with the books.

Master
    Done. Best of luck

done. good luck!

Done with pleasure sir ,good lick with this and your future writings.

Master
    Done and good luck!

Master
    Nominated.

One day I hope to be able to brag, "I helped that Browne get published, you know....." Her eyes dilate and sparkle as she enthusiastically replies, "Oh really? Tell me more over a coffee?"

Back of the net.

Nominated. Best of luck.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to everybody who both read the message and nominated, and also to those who took the extra time to share my plea on their social media.

Has it worked? Well, it's a bit too early to tell, but with over 200 views yesterday (many of which will also include nominations, unfortunately I will never be told how many nominations I received) I spent an extra 11 hours in "hot and trending".

To answer a couple of questions - yes, Carlton-Browne, I am absolutely stalking you. Jason, aspects of the story may be autobiographical, but I'm going to have to resist answering in full as Carlton-Browne's department still have a controlling interest in some of the details contained therein. In short, I could tell you, but Carlton-Browne may well have to kill you. Well, not kill as such but at least express serious displeasure.

Rusty - if you have a moment to share your thoughts on the character intro, I'd be delighted to hear those thoughts - PM maybe best, but I'm always open to criticism. Contrary to advice given, I always take it seriously, but never personally :)

Once again, thank you - thank you all, and for people who have yet to find the time, please do feel free to visit over the next few days, or even couple of weeks and I will be eternally grateful.

In the words of Dominic Power, hero of a soon-to-be-evaluated future-classic (as it's too small to be chip wrappers) - you may be witnessing the start of something really mundane!

Toodle-pip

Richard

Done - good luck

Nominated. Best of luck.

Craftsman
    Done....

Hope it all goes well...

Regards

V

Me too - I hope you make it!

Craftsman
    Nominated, good luck!

Only 18 days to go till nomination closes!

Nominated too, good luck.

A quick update, along with thanks from me to all of you who either visited or nominated

There's 10 days left to go, and with a total of 98 page visits from this forum, you have helped me achieve the following:

2664 page views to date (the vast majority are from Amazon - TZ is the largest external contributor with 98 views, LinkedIn have 30 and another forum I frequent for fishing using traditional/vintage tackle have almost the same as LinkedIn - direct mails are up there with TZ at 62 and Facebook are showing around 25 - there are another 50 or so sources)

I have been both Hot and Trending, which sound exciting, for a total of 76 hours, which is just as significant as the number of views and number of nominations.

So once more, thank you all very much if you've viewed the page, thank you twice if you clicked "nominate". If you have yet to do so, it's not too late!

I shall update again in a week or so

Richard

Master
    Done that, fingers crossed...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Done.

Done - Good luck!

Master
    Done and good luck with it!

Hi Richard,

just received the message from Kindle that the book wasn't selected for publishng, sorry to hear.

Any plans to publish via a different route?

Regards

Raffe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Hi Richard,

just received the message from Kindle that the book wasn't selected for publishng, sorry to hear.

Any plans to publish via a different route?

Regards

Raffe
    Me too... Well done!

Bad Luck you weren't successful, wish you every success in the future

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Me too... Well done!
    +1 - would happily purchase a copy of this book from wherever you publish. I have a box full of Clive Cussler to finish, but would definitely make room for yours :)

Belated thanks to everybody who took the time to visit my campaign page, and to those who nominated

As many of you will now be aware, I was unsuccessful in this attempt, but being me, I am undaunted! My book received over 3000 nominations and spent around 90 hours in the hot and trending list - at the high point, it was the 200th most popular link on Amazon, so that's a bit of a moment for me right there!

I've also been nominated for a writing prize from a significant figure in the world of publishing

I do have a secondary plan of approach and I hope that within a month or so, Domestic Stress will indeed be for sale on Amazon!

Anybody who nominated the book will automatically be notified when it's available, but if there's enough demand here from those who didn't nominate, I shall update this thread when the time is right!

Thank you all once again for your support

Grand Master
    Good luck in the future, I used to have aspirations to write but thesedays my literary efforts are confined to TZ

Paul

Help me get published?

I’m surprised you weren’t successful, given those numbers! I nominated you too and was disappointed to receive the email. What do they look for in order to be successful?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dickbrowne View Post
    My book received over 3000 nominations and spent around 90 hours in the hot and trending list - at the high point, it was the 200th most popular link on Amazon, so that's a bit of a moment for me right there!
    Wow!

Great PR, hope this comes to life soon!

I've just spotted Domestic Stress for sale on Amazon, well done Richard.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Domestic-St...dp/1980862427/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Domestic-St...dp/B07CKB3WNZ/

Just downloaded the Kindle version.

Master
    Kindle version downloaded

Kindle version downloaded. Looking forward to reading it.

Another downloader here.

Thank you everyone - it went live on Saturday night/Sunday morning, and you should now find both the paperback and Kindle edition available on Amazon - for some reason they haven't linked the Kindle and physical editions, or linked them to my other book on Amazon - Terrorist Toad

I shall have a quiet word, I suspect, and get that all sorted.

Once more, thank you to everybody who has supported me through this - it's a really odd thing to have done, it feels slightly surreal in fact - a number of people here at work have bought the paperback and asked if I can sign them when they arrive!

Richard

I just finished the book, a very enjoyable read indeed. Was hoping there would be something more between Dom and Lemta at the end 😉

Thanks for a wonderful book!

Quote Originally Posted by PhiloStan View Post
    I just finished the book, a very enjoyable read indeed. Was hoping there would be something more between Dom and Lemta at the end 

Thanks for a wonderful book!
    Thank you for the extremely kind comments - it would be great if you could leave a review on Amazon, if I may be so bold?

As for Lemta and Dom, well, all I'm saying is that it's a trilogy, and there's Ginny and Hilary to take into account - who knows what may happen?

(disclaimer - at the moment I'm not 100% sure myself what may happen, I did leave some "Lemta" breadcrumbs lying around, and thought I was being oh-so-subtle, but maybe not as subtle as I thought)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I shall seek this out Richard, well done.

I have just finished a book myself funnily enough, although not to your standard!

I love the feeling of finishing Dave, it’s a real moment to mark.

Up to this point I have completed 18 full length manuscripts and when I look at some of them, the beginning is terrible, in some the plot meanders at the wrong pace and on others there is no dramatic tension or urgency.

That said, there is something in every single one that I love, and my small group of readers appreciate. Even if there weren’t, I’d keep churning out the words, because that’s one of the things I enjoy. I - like Dom - the hero of Domestic Stress, have always wanted to paint, but a brain injury as a child means I don’t have the fine motor skills (although watch repair isn’t a problem - go figure). My solution is to paint pictures with words, and like pictures, some of the landscapes work really well, and some of the fruit bowls just look like old man’s bums.

When I began to write, many years ago, a friend who was a successful writer gave me the best advice ever - write what you enjoy reading, that way, if it is never published, at least you will enjoy it. And she was absolutely right. Most of my writing will never be seen by anybody else, most books are never published, but if the author enjoys the task of writing, if it isn’t hard work but is enjoyable instead, then not a word is wasted.

You have to love it - you’ll end up reading the darned thing over and over whilst it’s in the draft and edit stages, so if it isn’t entertaining, it really does just become hard work and that’s the biggest shame

Congratulations on finishing the book - I’d love to hear more about it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Richard, that's good advice.
    Mine is a children's book. Written to help my twins deal with a little bit of worrying. Very much an amateur affair but I've had a few people help me along the way, including a very kind member on here.
    Had it printed up with a self publishing site as I didn't want the kids to know I'd written it and wrapped it up as a present for their birthday. Hopefully it made a difference 😊

I really enjoyed the process and am already planning the next one!

If you don't mind lending me a couple of hours of your expert time, PM me your address and I'd love to send you a copy for some guidance.

Hi Dave - I shall PM my email address and look forward to reading your MSS

I shall also send you a copy of a previous book written not-entirely for my daughter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Terrorist-T...=walker+browne

It's an everyday tale of one amphibian's love for a mammal, sex, violence, drugs and alcohol. Not entirely unlike The Wind in the Willows, which inspired it, and yet a million miles removed!

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but if there's anything I can do, I'm happy to help

I'll buy myself a copy soon, when I've cleared a few I'm reading. Well done on getting it published!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dave - I shall PM my email address and look forward to reading your MSS

I shall also send you a copy of a previous book written not-entirely for my daughter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Terrorist-T...=walker+browne

It's an everyday tale of one amphibian's love for a mammal, sex, violence, drugs and alcohol. Not entirely unlike The Wind in the Willows, which inspired it, and yet a million miles removed!

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but if there's anything I can do, I'm happy to help
    Have emailed you.

Just read the blurb on Terrorist Toad. Sounds Ace!

Chaps, a quick appeal for calm, if I may!

The book is selling well, it would appear a little too well...

There is a problem, not an insurmountable one, but a problem all the same. The problem is this. When the book was published, the wrong manuscript was used.

You may be wondering why that's a problem? Well, the manuscript which was used was a very early edit, not the final version.

I am working out the wrinkles as we speak and will ensure that the correct version is present in the next few days, but for now - if you were planning to buy Domestic Stress, please don't!

Anybody who has a copy should be offered a replacement when the new version is available, if that doesn't happen, I'll send you a copy FOC, funded from my own pocket.

I shall update this thread as soon as I am happy that all is as it should be

Richard

Chaps, a quick appeal for calm, if I may!

The book is selling well, it would appear a little too well...

There is a problem, not an insurmountable one, but a problem all the same. The problem is this. When the book was published, the wrong manuscript was used.

You may be wondering why that's a problem? Well, the manuscript which was used was a very early edit, not the final version.

I am working out the wrinkles as we speak and will ensure that the correct version is present in the next few days, but for now - if you were planning to buy Domestic Stress, please don't!

Anybody who has a copy should be offered a replacement when the new version is available, if that doesn't happen, I'll send you a copy FOC, funded from my own pocket.

I shall update this thread as soon as I am happy that all is as it should be

Richard
    Hi Richard, any news regarding the manuscript swap? I haven't started reading my copy as I wanted to make sure I read the version which was intended to be published. No word from Amazon so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Hi Richard, any news regarding the manuscript swap? I haven't started reading my copy as I wanted to make sure I read the version which was intended to be published. No word from Amazon so far.
    Hi Raffe - the new version is up now - it’s odd that you weren’t notified as I know some people who were - I can only apologise.

The changes aren’t massive, but the errors would definitely have spoiled your enjoyment. Hopefully that won’t be an issue any more.

Incidentally, if anybody could see their way to popping a review up, I would really appreciate it - the ranking and promotion on Amazon is based on a number of factors, and reviews form an important part of that.

Thanks again everybody for your ongoing support and patience - enjoy the book!

Hi Raffe - the new version is up now - it’s odd that you weren’t notified as I know some people who were - I can only apologise.

The changes aren’t massive, but the errors would definitely have spoiled your enjoyment. Hopefully that won’t be an issue any more.

Incidentally, if anybody could see their way to popping a review up, I would really appreciate it - the ranking and promotion on Amazon is based on a number of factors, and reviews form an important part of that.

Thanks again everybody for your ongoing support and patience - enjoy the book!
    How do I replace the file on my Kindle?

Hmm, good question - I think that simply deleting it from the device and re-downloading it should work.

I deliberately didn’t give the new upload a new imprint number to allow digital purchasers the option of a simple reload.

Hmm, good question - I think that simply deleting it from the device and re-downloading it should work.

I deliberately didn’t give the new upload a new imprint number to allow digital purchasers the option of a simple reload.
    I'm not so sure that'll work. I think you need to go to your Amazon account and "Your Content and Devices". I have changed my devices a couple of times lately and thus I've downloaded my content a couple of times too. I still have this looking at me in "Your Content and Devices".

Clicking the box opens this:

The above makes sense - I'm not a Kindle user, so please excuse my ignorance on this

I've also logged onto my Amazon account and taken a wander around the "Settings" area, and there's an automatic update setting.

It's not obvious amongst the plethora of links on the Amazon homepage, but if you click:

Your account

Content and Devices (in the "Digital Content and Devices" section)

Preferences (in the title bar toward the top of the screen)

Automatic Updates (It's the 6th entry from the top on my Amazon screen)

Set that to "On" and you should receive the updates automatically - please let me know if you don't

Richard