closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins - Rolex predictions for Baselworld 2018

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Interesting that Hulk and BLNR are still both on the website
    Indeed, was curious as to whether these would do a disappearing act this year. I would imagine the BLNR will become more readily available as more potential buyers entertain the idea of the new pepsi.

Master
    Wait. What happened to the Submariner new movement predicitons?

Apprentice

WTF - New GMT Master II isn't a Coke bezel but Pepsi!

New GMT Master II isn't a Coke bezel but Pepsi!!! https://www.rolex.com/watches/gmt-ma...blro-0001.html
    Man, I would be so angry if I was a White-gold Pepsi owner!

Not sure I understand this move from Rolex, let's be honest, the status of white-gold watch ownership for who spent 35k in the GMT master II it's simply gone.. now people can get a look-alike for just 8k.

I think the Pepsi has a new movement and slightly different case/lugs.... what does that mean for the standard GMTc (black bezel/green hand) and BLNR...to be discontinued ?

Would seem odd to have all the GMT's in the range at the same time but with different movements & cases/lugs.... or maybe those will also be updated for the current models ?

Very interesting to see the Everose versions of the new GMT that no one expected..................and both have the Oyster bracelet too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabiuz84 View Post
    New GMT Master II isn't a Coke bezel but Pepsi!!! https://www.rolex.com/watches/gmt-ma...blro-0001.html

Not sure I understand this move from Rolex, let's be honest, the status of white-gold watch ownership for who spent 35k in the GMT master II it's simply gone.. now people can get a look-alike for just 8k.
    So there will be the blnr and Pepsi in steel going forward? That new bracelet looks pretty awful in pics.

Master
    And a new 39mm Black Bay, called the, er 58 ! https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/n...t/m79030n-0001

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagraboy View Post
    Bring it on! I'd love to pick up a bargain original DSSD whilst the hypebeasts scramble for the new one.
    The deepsea has always been great value in the used market compared to other SS Rolex divers.

Why will values of the dssd drop?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Buyers of the white gold GMT will be happy.
    Why should they care? They have the gold version, which is vastly rarer .

I absolutely love the Pepsi on jubilee. Never been 100% about the plcs on the oyster so jubliee is a great alternative imo. Still, it's academic I would imagine as I'm a nobody in the eyes of the AD network. I'd go black on black with jubilee if that was an option.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I absolutely love the Pepsi on jubilee. Never been 100% about the plcs on the oyster so jubliee is a great alternative imo. Still, it's academic I would imagine as I'm a nobody in the eyes of the AD network. I'd go black on black with jubilee if that was an option.
    PCLs not plcs! (Ap won't let me edit post)

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    I was told by an AD that they have lists for 'anything new' at Basel, which closed ages ago (plus its only for people who buy regularly).
    This is getting a bit silly and reminds me of the yearly release of an unobtainable Porsche 911. I want the new watch, I have the money but I can't actually buy it. The world's gone mad...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiuz84 View Post

TRUST ME, I AM!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what the price will be to actually get a hold of a Pepsi GMT (Grey Market)

I think these will be selling for £9-£10k
    Last edited by JPCain86; 21st March 2018 at 13:42.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    I think the Pepsi has a new movement and slightly different case/lugs.... what does that mean for the standard GMTc (black bezel/green hand) and BLNR...to be discontinued ?

Would seem odd to have all the GMT's in the range at the same time but with different movements & cases/lugs.... or maybe those will also be updated for the current models ?
    On the Rolex website, today 21-3-2018, the "Batman" and the Black bezel version are still available at the same price. Not sure they will be discontinued but it looks unlikely.
    What's clear at the moment is that the new Pepsi has the new movement caliber 3285 while the older models(if not discontinued) keep the 3186.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I wonder what the price will be to actually get a hold of a Pepsi GMT (Grey Market)
    I'd guess, for the first year, around £11,000 upward. Could outpace the Daytona as it's an all-time favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    TRUST ME, I AM!!
    I wonder if they'll let the new blue dial option be added to existing WG Pepsis?

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    I was told by an AD that they have lists for 'anything new' at Basel, which closed ages ago (plus its only for people who buy regularly).
    They're chatting tosh. How would an AD know what's being released so much in advance as to have filled lists ages ago?

My bet is they just have their favourite customers and anything new that comes in from Basel they auto offer to them first.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    TRUST ME, I AM!!
    Damn, buddy, sorry to hear that.
    I am a Batman owner, I hope as well its appreciation won't decrease.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    They're chatting tosh. How would an AD know what's being released so much in advance as to have filled lists ages ago?

My bet is they just have their favourite customers and anything new that comes in from Basel they auto offer to them first.
    The don't 'know', but there are aspirational lists waaaay in advance. I had a sniff of the SD4k so had a letter of intent in with an AD nearly 2 years before it was released. A few of us on tz have been on 'new' GMT lists for 6 months plus. It's crap, I know, but that's the way it works.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    So there will be the blnr and Pepsi in steel going forward? That new bracelet looks pretty awful in pics.
    It looks like the older version, Batman and Black bezel are still available in Steel. Honestly, but this is a personal opinion, I agree with you, I find the jubilee bracelet awful as well on a GMT watch!
    If I would be a buyer I would still go for the Batman, just because of the bracelet(and its beauty obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    The don't 'know', but there are aspirational lists waaaay in advance. I had a sniff of the SD4k so had a letter of intent in with an AD nearly 2 years before it was released. A few of us on tz have been on 'new' GMT lists for 6 months plus. It's crap, I know, but that's the way it works.
    Ahhh so it's a list of 'If there's a new 70hr PR Sub, I'd like it please' sort of thing?

Jubilee just looks wrong on it.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Bit of a combo in my experience. If the AD does run a speculative list they will still review it at the point the watch is actually available and in light of what their good customers do. So, if you put your name down 10 years ago for a ceramic pepsi gmt on jubilee, great, you're ahead of the masses, but you're still probably behind the guy who called them at noon today but bought £100k of watches from them last year.

Master
    Blog Entries

And so it begins - Rolex predictions for Baselworld 2018

Just popped in to my local AD to place my order. Not fussed when it arrives, however nice touch from them providing me with a nice Rolex book to read before delivery time.

IMG_3726.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I wonder if they'll let the new blue dial option be added to existing WG Pepsis?
    Yes the black dial on the WG BLRO was one of the reasons I did not purchase a WG BLRO that my Rolex AD got in stock for me. Having a blue dial will make the watch much more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Just popped in to my local AD to place my order. Not fussed when it arrives, however nice touch from them providing me with a nice Rolex book to read before delivery time.

IMG_3726.JPG
    Who was that if you don't mind me asking?

Just rang three dealers to order, one was online enquiry only, the other two said they had closed their order book!?!?

what to do?

Goldsmiths, just now:

"Good morning

Thanks for your email.
    Due to a new company policy if you wish to register your interest in any of the new watches you will need to call into store for us to take your details.
    We cannot take details over the phone or by email."

Tough school. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a shake up of the PM Skydwellers - the WG is no more, and all the dials have been changed from numerals to the baton design seen on the TT and SS, eg

https://www.rolex.com/watches/sky-dw...l#configurator

Master
    Ahhh so it's a list of 'If there's a new 70hr PR Sub, I'd like it please' sort of thing?
    Kind of. Look at the Sub, I bet some AD's have enquiries about the 70th Anniversary Sub in 5 years... To be honest, Rolex Passion Report call it pretty well and I think people head out once they see RPR give predictions.

I started a list at an AD for the 2019 50th Anniversary moon landing Speedie! :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Looks lush I like that

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Agreed. Very nice.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Bit of a combo in my experience. If the AD does run a speculative list they will still review it at the point the watch is actually available and in light of what their good customers do. So, if you put your name down 10 years ago for a ceramic pepsi gmt on jubilee, great, you're ahead of the masses, but you're still probably behind the guy who called them at noon today but bought £100k of watches from them last year.
    Yeah, great point. I approached an AD about a list that I'm on and he mentioned that my competition was the guy who bought 7 Pateks from them. In other words, no competition!

The AD's also like to sell to people that they know won't just flip for a profit - like most people off the street looking for an easy £3-5k.

Banned
    My bet is they just have their favourite customers and anything new that comes in from Basel they auto offer to them first.[/QUOTE]

This is what the local AD told me today, anyone who have purchased two or more Rolex in the last year will have priority .

Master
    These 'lists' are largely fiction. The AD will sell to his best customers; so would you in the same situation. I like the new watch a lot, but i won't be getting one ! I can live with that.

There's a shake up of the PM Skydwellers - the WG is no more, and all the dials have been changed from numerals to the baton design seen on the TT and SS, eg

https://www.rolex.com/watches/sky-dw...l#configurator

Good spot.

The numerals never looked right to me on the Everose so now that model (on croc) is seriously of interest. Was also hoping they would add an Everose+Steel Skydweller to round out the range.

I’ve expressed an interest with a couple of AD’s and was sensibly told they’ve no idea exactly when or how many they’ll be getting so it’s too early to have a list.

Makes sense either that or they can’t be bothered and then when I call back in 2/3 weeks as advised they can tell me the waiting time is now 5 years.

Screw that and buy the Black Bay instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Good spot.

The numerals never looked right to me on the Everose so now that model (on croc) is seriously of interest. Was also hoping they would add an Everose+Steel Skydweller to round out the range.
    Only shame with the Everose version is no Everose-coloured, or chocolate dial to match - either just white or black.

Top trolling from Steinhart in the last hour... :p

Are the plain black and white dial options for the Oyster Perpetal 39 new today?

Ditto on the OP 36

Master

And so it begins - Rolex predictions for Baselworld 2018

This Pepsi will trade at such a huge premium. It’s going to be so flashy though big jubilee with red and blue ceramic it will be noticeable couple of streets down. Unobtainable and annoyingly very desirable. I’m going to pretend it doesn’t exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I rang the AD I deal with and was told they are not doing lists anymore.

But if I wanted to know more about the new watches to make an appointment to come and see them.

I am going to go which I suspect will end with me going on a list !

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    I’ve expressed an interest with a couple of AD’s and was sensibly told they’ve no idea exactly when or how many they’ll be getting so it’s too early to have a list.

Makes sense either that or they can’t be bothered and then when I call back in 2/3 weeks as advised they can tell me the waiting time is now 5 years.

Screw that and buy the Black Bay instead.

Most ADs not taking names as they just can't manage them, new policies and the usual not sure until they get allocations.

These new models are going to be very hard to get unless you have a very good relationship.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GingerMagician View Post
    Top trolling from Steinhart in the last hour... :p

Brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Does anyone else sigh when people keep referring to changes and “values of other models” or is it just me?

“White gold Pepsi owners are gonna be mad” - yeah the wealthy fella that can afford a white gold GMT is going to be devastated that they could have waited X years and had a steel variant today! There’s more to white gold than looks, the heft and feel (even the sound) of gold may be a preference for some.

It’s a Watch, unless you’re a dealer then you shouldn’t be buying it if you’re worried about investment and future models having an effect on its value. I guess it’s a by product of how expensive they’ve become but to suggest people will be angry at other models making theirs less valuable, seems like they shouldn’t be in the game to me.

Buy a watch you like and can afford at the time, bother not about other people and losing money. If you can truly afford to purchase a luxury item then it shouldn’t matter.

New deepsea d blue so wonder happens to the price of the old deepsea d blue as that was the original first model

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    New deepsea d blue so wonder happens to the price of the old deepsea d blue as that was the original first model
    People will try for a premium on the current Deep Sea Blue but less likely to get it. As a Private sale/Sales Corner it's still going to be list price all day long as the new one will be hard to get still.....and it might not be as nice. I'll be keeping mine until I try on the new this Spring and then decide.

Only shame with the Everose version is no Everose-coloured, or chocolate dial to match - either just white or black.
    Good point. I always liked the Chocolate dial as it suits Everose well but the Slate Black dial does look very, very good indeed.

I have always thought a Pepsi looks very sweet on a Jubilee

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Collectors piece :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk