closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Trip Advisor Review: Trying to Sell Fake Rolex, Greater M'cer & Merseyside 1/2/2018"

Master
    Fantastic read HM, and if you'll excuse the pun, you have huge balls to call these guys out the way you did.
    I would be more than a little concerned for my personal safety, as these guys often belong to a more organized organization who don't take kindly to being called out like this.

Please be careful!
    Last edited by alanm_3; 3rd February 2018 at 11:48.

Master
    Brilliant, well done sir, but I must point out that enjoying an occasional sausage roll doesn’t automatically make you a bad person.😁

Craftsman

High value luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    What I take from your post is that you have a massive chip on your shoulder.

If you look at my FAQ you’ll see my view on and position regarding cash purchases. I am an Approved Person with Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function 11 (among others), meaning I am responsible for anti-money laundering measures and reporting. I sit on the Council of the National Pawnbrokers Association and am in fact it’s Ambassador for Code Liaison with the National Association of Jewellers.

I have a long and proud record of reporting, giving evidence against and even chasing baddies of all types, even those who are “just” evading tax. Only next week I will be in London at the invitation of the Flying Squad / Met. Police to lecture the nation’s assembled forces on “High Value Watch Crime.”

Now take your bitter resentment at whatever has irked you and fake off. Your comment was totally unwarranted.
    Nothing unwarranted in my statement, as luxury goods in the form of cars, jewelry etc have been the ways many crooks have splashed their ill gotten gains. Although my comment was a generalisation of the luxury goods market turning a blind eye to were the money being splashed comes from and not specifically directed at you.

A great read!

Your comment was ill informed. It is becoming harder to purchase anything expensive with cash nowadays. And posting in this way, on this thread, without knowing HW less than a week after (re?)registering certainly drew our attention.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Nothing unwarranted in my statement, as luxury goods in the form of cars, jewelry etc have been the ways many crooks have splashed their ill gotten gains. Although my comment was a generalisation of the luxury goods market turning a blind eye to were the money being splashed comes from and not specifically directed at you.
    Your comment however came over as specifically directed, which is how Haywood clearly took it, as did I and others. You could apologise or stop digging a hole, or both.

Craftsman
    You're in a big hole, stop digging! You've made yourself look pretty stupid and trying to defend your post just keeps drawing attention to it.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Brilliant, well done sir, but I must point out that enjoying an occasional sausage roll doesn’t automatically make you a bad person.
    But it does tend to make you an overweight person. I speak from personal experience.

Craftsman
    Fantastic read bravo Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Your comment however came over as specifically directed, which is how Haywood clearly took it, as did I and others. You could apologise or stop digging a hole, or both.
    Indeed. As others are saying in parts of the forum this cretin will hopefully never attain access to, he’s already looking like an ignore list candidate. He’s just been added to mine.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    You're in a big hole, stop digging! You've made yourself look pretty stupid and trying to defend your post just keeps drawing attention to it.

Shut up! The only hole on view here is the one you are talking out of.

I have already stated that my comment was not directed towards Milton himself but the luxury goods market in general and the fact that not many shops are picky about the clients who step through the front door and spend.

Master
    Good effort H and nicely written as always. I would assume the vehicle is on false plates or hired but hopefully not. Would the CPS prosecute based on the testimony and evidence available if the watch itself is not?

Master
    Really? You wrote :

"What I take from this tale is that a dealer did not appreciate having a crook trying to rip them off but would probably be quite happy to sell that same crook a nice shiny Rolex from stock, as long as there pockets were full of cash rather than fake Rolex’s."

That is a specific allegation and my response to it should have made you "shut the fake up."

As for "there [sic] pockets" and "fake Rolex's" - you'll burn in hell.

Great story Haywood, and nice to see these folks exposed for what they are. Ignore the newbie, it'll go away eventually...

Blog Entries
    Hah! Very well done, Haywood.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Good effort H and nicely written as always. I would assume the vehicle is on false plates or hired but hopefully not. Would the CPS prosecute based on the testimony and evidence available if the watch itself is not?
    The details of the car are known including the location and company to which it is registered.

The matter is fully in the hands of Safergems under the auspices of the BSIA, from where it is being co-ordinated with typical effectiveness across county borders as necessary. The matter did not end when Sir Ben and Pudding drove off along Renshaw Street.

I can't say too much more at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Clearly a scoundrel - his shirt tail is hanging out!
    Is that a shirt tail or a shop tag for the jacket? It might not only be the shoes he bought (err... borrowed?) for the event.

Craftsman

I have already stated that my comment was not directed towards Milton himself but the luxury goods market in general and the fact that not many shops are picky about the clients who step through the front door and spend.
    You're not sounding any less stupid yet. Maybe you could explain how shops should decide who's money they should accept? Should there be an interview process?

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    We had a similar scenario a few years ago. Woman doing the rounds with fake heavy 18ct gold items with fake uk hallmarks. I knew she was going store to store and could provide evidence. Called the police and the lovely lady on the phone said it’s our job to identify fake items and there’s nothing they can do.

Craftsman
    Haywood-Milton, Thanks for the post and the time you put into it.

Flasher, not a good post.

Craftsman
    Well done Haywood and a great read to boot. You must have some cojones to call him out and then film him walking down the street. Hopefully there'll be a positive resolution to this and they get their collars felt, do let us know more as and when you can.

Master
    .I can't say too much more at the moment.
    Thanks and fingers crossed they are encouraged in some way to desist.

@alexaff - cheers and whilst I can see the need to prove deception it's disappointing if the Police are disinterested in the obvious attempted sale of fake goods as the real thing. Maybe a letter to the Police and Crime Commissioner works elicit a different response or clarification.

Craftsman

Predictive text

Really? You wrote :

"What I take from this tale is that a dealer did not appreciate having a crook trying to rip them off but would probably be quite happy to sell that same crook a nice shiny Rolex from stock, as long as there pockets were full of cash rather than fake Rolex’s."

That is a specific allegation and my response to it should have made you "shut the fake up."

As for "there [sic] pockets" and "fake Rolex's" - you'll burn in hell.
    My predictive text is a bit of a Devil.

Football focus is about to start, so I shall shut up.

Brilliant read. Love the audio.

Craftsman

Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    You're not sounding any less stupid yet. Maybe you could explain how shops should decide who's money they should accept? Should there be an interview process?

Is that not how you get a Rolex sports from a AD at the moment!
    Last edited by Flasher; 3rd February 2018 at 12:56. Reason: Error

Excellent work and a great write up. Hope the police can do something. This post and your last certainly highlight how difficult it is for an average buyer to buy from anything but the most reliable sources now and also how vigilant anyone who deals in second hand watches needs to be. Thank you for the heads up it's certainly opened my eyes just what's out there.

Master

Don't rush back. Your original message, as written, was aimed at Haywood specifically.

Great post H.
    If the baddies start paying as much attention to the finish of the movements as they have to the case, dial, bezel and bracelet, the trade will get caught out more often!! Very worrying.
    “Feargal” out!!

Craftsman

Unintentional

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Don't rush back. Your original message, as written, was aimed at Haywood specifically.
    I should have ensured that my words were not an unintentional comment on Haywood business but a general view on the hypocrisy of an industry which becries the fake and fakers but will sell its goods to drug lords, war mongers worldwide, as long as the debit card processes.

Yes, full apology to Haywood.

This has to be my favourite thread I've read here so far... Possibly even better a read than the lapping machine in classic posts.

When I was younger there were always guys in flash cars coming to our town with a boot full of fake gold jewellery they'd sell to the chavs telling them they were a salesperson trying to shift some samples for some extra cash. I guess this is the modern upmarket version of the same scam.

Bravo.

Haha, what a post! Fair play. I hope plod catch up with him, but I shan’t hold my breath.

I wish the fraudsters who I encounter were as engaging about us publishing their information and pictures online.

You watch football focus with the poor people, whilst the rest of us watch the match on Sky. I will post about the goals as they go in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Bravo

Are you on PistonHeads? That would also go down a storm there too
    I'm aware of the site, largely through my real life friend and member here, Tim ( TKH). Do they have a specific forum where I would post this? There is a lot of crossover between cars and watches, so an alert which helps nail another bad egg or two might be worth giving.

Thanks!

H

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You watch football focus with the poor people, whilst the rest of us watch the match on Sky. I will post about the goals as they go in.
    Pmsl

In UHD 4K I presume?

Great post HM, I’m assuming that you already know that the plates are genuine and the car was originally registered to MB Exeter fleet department for a car hire company.

It is over a year old and as such may have been sold on.

Great work though 👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Pmsl

In UHD 4K I presume?

Great post HM, I’m assuming that you already know that the plates are genuine and the car was originally registered to MB Exeter fleet department for a car hire company.

It is over a year old and as such may have been sold on.

Great work though 
    We know everything we need to about the car and Sir Ben Kingsley, but nice one for checking.

Where else could we have this discussison in this way but on tz-uk? Love this place, most of the time :-)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant read H. Raised a laugh as well as an eyebrow. Gits.

Craftsman

SKY.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    "SKY". I think i read about that in the telegraph once and how every council house had the big ugly dishes on roofs or chimmney, were did you put your dish.

Maybe you put your dish in the garden in front of your caravan.

"POOR", "CHAVS", did not realise this forum was made up of Daily express readers.

Thanks for sharing! I’m glad he got caught.

Master
    A funny and enlightening read, thanks for posting.

It's scary from your reports how good fakes are getting now, so I'm glad that the 'tells' are being picked up on by knowledgable folk like yourself Haywood, so more of these dodgy copies aren't getting through into the wider world.

Craftsman

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by PhiloStan View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I’m glad he got caught.
    Certainly with you on that, although my too hastely written unintentional directed comment has taken this thread to a place never intended but HM should be appauded, as should anyone who goes face to face in that kind of situation.

Certainly with you on that, although my too hastely written unintentional directed comment has taken this thread to a place never intended but HM should be appauded, as should anyone who goes face to face in that kind of situation.
    https://youtu.be/32Gvs81E7CE

I'm aware of the site, largely through my real life friend and member here, Tim ( TKH). Do they have a specific forum where I would post this? There is a lot of crossover between cars and watches, so an alert which helps nail another bad egg or two might be worth giving.

Thanks!

H
    Probably best in here:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=187

Apprentice

It has come to my attention that supermarkets too do not carefully vette their clientele. Could you please take up this very important issue on behalf of the public? I’d hate to think that I was purchasing my victuals alongside individuals who might have obtained their funds by dubious methods.

Great and entertaining read :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Hmmm. One of the first forum rules there is that "amateur sleuthing for whatever reason is not allowed." I fear my first post there could be my last - unless my work is considered professional !

Hmmm. One of the first forum rules there is that "amateur sleuthing for whatever reason is not allowed." I fear my first post there could be my last - unless my work is considered professional !
    Good spot, in that case I’m not 100% sure. Not sure your post would be considered amateur sleuthing, minus the fat boy stuff it’s all facts, backed up with pictures/recordings/videos.

You could always try the WatchOut section on TRF too? The more exposure your post gets the better for all watch buyers and enthusiasts.

"SKY". I think i read about that in the telegraph once and how every council house had the big ugly dishes on roofs or chimmney, were did you put your dish.

"POOR", "CHAVS", did not realise this forum was made up of Daily express readers.
    Mate, I've got no 'dog' in this squabble, indeed I was about to suggest that folk give the 'new guy' a break, maybe just dropping the whole thing would be for the best, you've apologised, now let it go.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

What I take from your post is that you have a massive chip on your shoulder.

If you look at my FAQ you’ll see my view on and position regarding cash purchases. I am an Approved Person with Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function 11 (among others), meaning I am responsible for anti-money laundering measures and reporting. I sit on the Council of the National Pawnbrokers Association and am in fact its Ambassador for Code Liaison with the National Association of Jewellers.

I have a long and proud record of reporting, giving evidence against and even chasing baddies of all types, even those who are “just” evading tax. Only next week I will be in London at the invitation of the Flying Squad / Met. Police to lecture the nation’s assembled forces on “High Value Watch Crime.”

Now take your bitter resentment at whatever has irked you and fake off. Your comment was totally unwarranted.
    💥 Nice response H 👍🏻

On the 'lost' passport issue...could you not have also 'lost' the Rolex, to stop it being peddled elsewhere!

Really appreciate your contribution to the forum too, eye opening!

Master
    Blog Entries

Are you for real?

Craftsman

Redirect

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Are you for real?
    I think you should be directing your comment to Wallasey Runner and his post that I was replying too.

Thank you.