timefactors watches

Thread: In praise of my G-Shock Riseman - five years and counting...

Craftsman

In praise of my G-Shock Riseman - five years and counting...

Not a long blurb, stories of epic adventures or series of pics (I'll bung in a few though) but I have worn my Riseman virtually every single day for five years now. IMHO there is simply no better everyday beater than this and it is certainly IMHO the best G ever made in terms of size, features and looks - it's been underwater, up mountains, on (and off) the bike, in the workshop and generally is a little beaten up but it never needs anything - always synced to perfect time, always fully charged up and as much as I bash it, dunk it or drop it - no worries.

When I bought one in 2013 I bought another (spare) as they were silly cheap (£110?) at the time from Amazon but foolishly sold this on. The original is still going though...

The ultimate beater !
    Iíve got a Casio but itís the 15 quid cheap one. Still very hardy though.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have mine almost 10 years and I adore it. It's the beater's beater. I've been less than kind to it but it never skips a beat. I swim every day, be it in the sea or the pool, and it's on my wrist then. It's my holiday watch too so it's been around the world and in every kind of climate, without issue.

Master
    Mine is used to set my they watches by. Still in perfect condition & lives in its tin in my sock drawer, come out when it needs a charge and never worn.

Craftsman
    Mine will be off with my skiing at the weekend as I'm then not worried about falling on it/scratching it with things etc. Also a good excuse to play with the altimeter! Picked up from EBay after seeing a thread about it some years-got a good deal and I doubt I could find a replacement at the same price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Mine will be off with my skiing at the weekend as I'm then not worried about falling on it/scratching it with things etc. Also a good excuse to play with the altimeter! Picked up from EBay after seeing a thread about it some years-got a good deal and I doubt I could find a replacement at the same price.
    How much out of interest?

No real idea what these go for now.

Craftsman
    Real mix of prices. As usual silly asking prices on EBay for BIN but actual sold/bought/bid values seem to be £50 to £150ish.

I never understand why Casio discontinue great watches like these and others (like the gw6900) seemingly at random?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under rated watch and cheaper than the much lauded rangeman.

My most worn gshock.

Wonderful G's! I had a couple at one time... wish I'd kept hold of the MiB!!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    How much out of interest?

No real idea what these go for now.

Was back in 2014 but a quick check of the accounts seems to suggest £72. Maybe they aren't worth more now looking at the selling prices below but was in good condition with the outer box and tin etc. Good value in any case.

Craftsman
    Great watches, I tried one on shortly after buying my 6900 a few years ago. Regretted not buying it ever since, it was much more comfy than the one I have, better spec etc, finally made my mind up, went to the shop and it had been discontinued. This was in the days before I was aware of the reputable online dealers and then the watch fell off my radar.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Wonderful G's! I had a couple at one time... wish I'd kept hold of the MiB!!!

MiB looks great - never realised it wasnít a multiband until seeing your photo. I had it on my list to obtain, but never got around to it.

Craftsman
    Anyone own one of the other special editions of the Riseman?

Was there a cream/white/yellow coloured special?

Blog Entries
    I've got a GW-9200PJ-7 which is a white special edition (I think it was a special edition) with a blue highlight around the eye. I think it was the 'Men in Ice White Riseman'.

No pics since I seem to have mislaid it.

The white bezel looks nice but gets grubby easily.

Generic pic:

My pair: -