closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone else notice the massive price hike on Seiko at Creation?

Anyone else notice the massive price hike on Seiko at Creation?

Just had my weekly browse at the Seiko’s on Creation, and noticed a missive hike in prices. On lots of models there was up to 60% off, and now it’s down to just 20%. Had my eye on a nice prospex PADI last week for £265, and it’s now over £600 😳. Anyone know the reason why, or do they just do this from time to time?

Master
    First thought would be supply issues on some of the more popular pieces, but after a second look they have the new asymmetrical Seiko Guigiaro divers at £266 and £299 respectively, both with 13% off.

I'm pretty sure that they were close to those prices when they had a supposed 50% or more off them, so now I'm wondering whether trading standards have slapped their wrists for inflating the "RRP" to make the discounts look a bit tastier?

Possibly, but the RRP’s of a few haven’t changed much but the selling price has increased by hundreds on a number of watches.
    It's just a matter of time...

I've been thinking of posting about this same thing for days now. It's like all the prospex line has gone from 50-60% discounts to 10-20%.

I used to check their site almost daily but now it's like I can buy things from the UK at cheaper prices... Understand they're grey market, but maybe someone with some control over their supply has had a word about discounting so heavily on prospex?

Master
    Yes - I was looking at the Seiko Turtles on Creation just a couple of days ago and thought the prices had risen quite a lot. Have Seiko raised their RRP's?

I’ve just sent an email to them asking why the mental pricing all of a sudden.

The Prospex PADI I was looking at is now priced at £655, with an RRP of £818. Seiko UK have an RRP of £579. A week ago it was £265!

At least this stops me buying another watch.....

I purchased a Seiko 5 diver through flea bay last week, it could have been bought cheaper from Creation, but with custom charges etc I never bothered.
    With 24hrs of making the purchase I get a dispatch notification from Creation Watches 'your watch has been dispatched' WTF seller was supposed to be based in Ireland, UK warehouse and all that, more like via Singapore.
    Last edited by geran; 1st February 2018 at 14:05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    I purchased a Seiko 5 diver through flea bay last week, it could have been bought cheaper from Creation, but with custom charges etc i never bothered.
    With 24hrs of making the purchase I get a dispatch notification from Creation Watches 'your watch has been dispatched' WTF seller was supposed to be based in Ireland UK warehouse and all that, more like via Singapore.
    They are most likely (probably!) doing just what they say: Shipping it from a warehouse in Ireland, UK or EU.

Creation used not to use in-EU warehouses (i.e. they always shipped directly from Singapore or from their partners in Japan) but have recently joined with numerous other far eastern vendors and are using warehouses to pre-locate goods within the UK/EU. Unfortunately this brings them within the scope of the HMRC investigation into companies (especially eBay vendors) using this technique who should be registered for UK VAT but are not.

I always thought that Creation were being sensible by only shipping direct from Singapore (or Japan) as it kept them out of the grasp of UK laws and taxation but it seems they've given in for efficiency. If they are using UK warehouses and have registered for UK VAT (and many of these companies using UK facilities do not register for UK VAT, hence the HMRC investigation) then they'll eventually have problems. But customers need not worry as long as they are happy with the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Life's a bitch!
    😂

Journeyman
    But because they are not formally based in EU the warranty is still for Singapore, I am assuming.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vadiro View Post
    But because they are not formally based in EU the warranty is still for Singapore, I am assuming.
    It depends on the watch. Some Seiko watches have worldwide warranties, others not. It also depends on whether or not Creation actually supply the warranty card. In my experience, sometimes they do and sometimes not.