closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Omega 60th anniversary watches

PSA Omega 60th anniversary watches

Not sure if these were/are hard to get hold off. Preston Duckworth in Bury St Edmunds have the full set in the window.

IMG_7148.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have seen three in windows now seen omega have put some more out on the market. Over 5k for a speedy with fake loom is a lot for money.

PSA Omega 60th anniversary watches

I had the Speedmaster and moved it on quickly without really giving it a go. There is a bit of me that wished I had hung onto it as they are growing on me more and more now.

Really tempted to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I have seen three in windows now seen omega have put some more out on the market. Over 5k for a speedy with fake loom is a lot for money.
    I like the speedy but that price is just silly. Not sure how they can justify it honestly.

But these were hard to get and people flipped them for a profit but then we know that WIS are suckers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    I had the Speedmaster and moved it on quickly without really giving it a go. There is a bit of me that wished I had hung onto it as they are growing on me more and more now.

Really tempted to pick one up.
    I’d be tempted too...at circa £4K and even that I’d struggle to justify when the Moonwatch can be had for around £3-3.5K

Master
    The 60th is the new Tuesday.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    As with many new releases, once the honeymoon period has passed and the flipping profits have been made, buyers take a more considered approach to the possible purchase and I think that with the 50th anniversary of the moon landing coming next year, that this may have taken some of the gloss off the 60th anniversary.

If you can pick one of these up at list, i certainly feel that in the long term you will have a significant piece in the collection. I feel that you are paying the extra over the standard Moonwatch purely on the historical significance of the speedmaster origins, as technically it has no improvements on the standard.

When you consider the list price of the DSOTM models, the 5k for a LE speedmaster is probably a better option. Personally I find the Seamaster 300 trilogy the best of the three, it seems better balanced in relation to the bracelet and clasp construction.

Master
    When these were first released at Basel 2017 I phoned the independent AD I have used many times, to put in my order (something I have never done before) and was told ‘no chance’ etc.

So I’m surprised to see these keep appearing in AD windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    As with many new releases, once the honeymoon period has passed and the flipping profits have been made, buyers take a more considered approach to the possible purchase and I think that with the 50th anniversary of the moon landing coming next year, that this may have taken some of the gloss off the 60th anniversary.

If you can pick one of these up at list, i certainly feel that in the long term you will have a significant piece in the collection. I feel that you are paying the extra over the standard Moonwatch purely on the historical significance of the speedmaster origins, as technically it has no improvements on the standard.

When you consider the list price of the DSOTM models, the 5k for a LE speedmaster is probably a better option. Personally I find the Seamaster 300 trilogy the best of the three, it seems better balanced in relation to the bracelet and clasp construction.
    I’d agree with that, my dad has the Seamaster and it’s a lovely thing. Big step up front he 300 coax in my opinion.

Berry’s seem to have them back in stock online too. Clearly stock is now easy to come by.

Great watch but not worth the £5k plus price, not vs a classic speedy, imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I’d agree with that, my dad has the Seamaster and it’s a lovely thing. Big step up front he 300 coax in my opinion.
    Absolutely - remains one of my favourite watches. Perfect, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post

I get what you are saying but the size and look of these is awesome.